Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Sky HD  (Read 11863 times)

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
Re: Sky HD
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2011, 18:34 »
I can see me moving to a Freesat recorder, though I would miss the Naional Geographic channels.
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Delgado

• Established Member
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2011, 19:41 »
Rik-You can connect your Freesat Tuner to your existing Sky Dish, but you need to have either a dual or treble LNB fitted to your dish, to enable you to record and watch at the same time.
if you cant do something nice-do nothing!

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2011, 09:08 »
I have a single feed to the TV already, thanks, it's just a question of how much longer I pay for the privilege of Sky+. :)
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2011, 11:59 »
DG was saying you'll need a twin feed for Freesat, Rik.  I only have a single feed, which is one reason I haven't taken Sky or Freesat. 
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Delgado

• Established Member
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2011, 12:25 »
DG was saying you'll need a twin feed for Freesat, Rik.  I only have a single feed, which is one reason I haven't taken Sky or Freesat. 

Yes thats correct-I had to have a twin LNB fitted as I only had a single feed. With a single feed you cant watch and record at the same time. This cost me £60, but was well worth it.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2011, 12:30 »
Mine is a communal feed, so I don't think I have the option of converting it to a twin feed.  It's not just a question of buying a new twin LNB faceplate, is it?
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2011, 12:47 »
I already have a quad LNB, with two feeds to Sky+, one to the TV. If I switch to a Freesat PVR, it's simply a box swap.
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2011, 17:53 »
I think you are a bit stuck with the communal feed Simon.  It makes the Sky+ box a bit of a nightmare.

Offline Delgado

• Established Member
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2011, 18:01 »
Mine is a communal feed, so I don't think I have the option of converting it to a twin feed.  It's not just a question of buying a new twin LNB faceplate, is it?

No you would have to get the communal feed upgraded I think, with a new LNB on the dish, and then a twin cable feed to your room.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2011, 20:19 »
I think that would require everyone on the communal feed to also be upgraded.  Probably cost prohibitive. 

Offline Delgado

• Established Member
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2011, 20:28 »
I think your stuck with what youve got Simon.

You could probably get Freeview, if you were allowed your own aerial. I think freeview are showing some HD programmes.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2011, 21:29 »
Oh, I can get Freeview, DG, as that's also on the communal system, but unfortunately, not Freeview HD as yet.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum