Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Home Brew  (Read 4368 times)

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
Home Brew
« on: April 27, 2011, 20:12 »
I used to help my dad with his home brew many years ago and found it strangely beguiling.  It's decades since I last tackled a brew but with the price of beer going up... anyway, I decided to be kind to His Lordship (and my purse).

Today we tasted our first batch and... oh boy!  Have the kits ever improved since the days when my dad brewed!  If I make some posts tonight that are even more ludicrous than normal, are grammatically incorrect and are littered with spelling mistakes, I hope everyone will understand why.

Oh, and there's already another brew maturing in a second keg.  I can see us starting a production line.

There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Home Brew
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 22:04 »
I tried home brewing once, and it was a total failure, although, a friend managed to use the same kit to much better effect, and actually produced something almost drinkable.  Keep downable was perhaps being a little optimistic, but at least I made it home first.  ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 09:14 »
We had a little community in our first house, six households, all just married, all broke. We brewed together and barbecued together - happy days. :)
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 10:09 »
I used to be into it big time and it was generally very successful.  Beers and lagers were better than anything you could buy in the pub or shops.  The wines were very pleasant too.

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 10:46 »
All in all, a satisfying hobby. :)
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 11:55 »
My head doesn't hurt this morning either :) .  It used to with my dad's home brew.
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 12:02 »
:thumb:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum