Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Testing with Chrome  (Read 18112 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Testing with Chrome
« on: July 02, 2011, 01:41 »
Following some issues with SMF 2.0 and the Chrome browser, I've been doing some testing myself.

I've reinstalled the WYSIWYG Quick Reply box (QR with smilies), and have found:

The URL pop up does not work on Chrome, using the QR box, but DOES work when using the Reply button, or the Preview button, from the QR box.

PC Pals

Quotes are now working in Chrome, with WYSIWYG QR box reinstalled:

Following some issues with SMF 2.0 and the Chrome browser, I've been doing some testing myself.

So, using Chrome myself, the only problem I can see is that the URL popup doesn't work when using the QR box, but by hitting Reply from posts, or Preview, from QR box, the URL popup will then work from the full post editor screen.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
Re: Testing with Chrome
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 12:52 »

I've reinstalled the WYSIWYG Quick Reply box (QR with smilies), and have found:

The URL pop up does not work on Chrome, using the QR box, but DOES work when using the Reply button, or the Preview button, from the QR box.

PC Pals

Quotes are now working in Chrome, with WYSIWYG QR box reinstalled:

So, using Chrome myself, the only problem I can see is that the URL popup doesn't work when using the QR box, but by hitting Reply from posts, or Preview, from QR box, the URL popup will then work from the full post editor screen.

Thanks, Simon  :thumb:
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 13:24 »
Are yours the same findings as mine, Gill?  Only, Clive is saying that the URL popup still doesn't work for him. 
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 15:11 »
Are yours the same findings as mine, Gill?  Only, Clive is saying that the URL popup still doesn't work for him. 

The URL popup?  I've never noticed that before.
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 15:32 »
But is it there for you now?

Offline Rodders

• Forum Fanatic
  • Bournemouth: Where even the water is 'ard!
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 16:20 »
The URL applet is knackered for me too (FF5).  I've even edited the code by hand but it still shows a full URL rather than a word or phrase with a link attached.  I'd suggest the new WYSIWYG feature needs some work.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 16:27 »
It does, Rod, but I've had no trouble with manual hyperlinks:

Code: [Select]
[url=http://pc-pals.com]PC Pals[/url]
produces PC Pals

Offline Rodders

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 16:42 »
It's working for me now as well.  My fingers sometimes have a life of their own.   :blush:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2011, 16:50 »
Does the judge still buy that one?  :)x

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2011, 18:58 »
OK, until the enhanced quick reply is updated by SMF, the best I can do for Chrome is:

Quote button works fully, but only if the Quick Reply option in your Profile is set to 'Non-WYSIWYG (With BBC Buttons and Smilies)'

Hyperlink (URL) popup works on full post editor, by using Reply button, or by using Preview from the QR box.

Hyperlink (URL) popup does not currently work from QR box, but can be created manually by using the following code:

Code: [Select]
[url=http://www.pc-pals.com]PC Pals[/url]
which produces:  PC Pals

Offline Rodders

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2011, 19:26 »

Offline davy51

• Loyal Member
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2011, 22:45 »
Must be something in the new chrome

Im running SWRiron and its the same as chrome and everything works for me
Dave

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend

Albert Camus

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2011, 22:59 »
Never heard of that one, Dave.  There are definitely some compatibility issues with Chrome, which I hope will get sorted soon.  :sigh:   

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2011, 23:09 »
Never heard of that one, Dave.  There are definitely some compatibility issues with Chrome, which I hope will get sorted soon.  :sigh:   

;D >:( 8-) :laugh: :( :P :o ??? ??? :blush: :-X :-\ ::)

Yes, everything seems to work correctly in this Iron browser.  Worth a try, Clive?  It looks exactly the same as Chrome, but seems to have a banner ad on the home page.  I haven't checked it out thoroughly, just compatibility with here.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2011, 23:13 »

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum