Forum Information & Policies > Website Discussion & Suggestion Box

Newsfader / Internet Explorer

(1/3) > >>

Simon:
We are aware of an issue with the index page Newsfader, which does not display correctly in Internet Explorer, and are currently working on a fix for this.

Rodders:
It makes the page 'jump' when it adjusts the area to fit the height of the text, in Firefox 5 too.  Just specify a constant height for the field and you're laughing.

Simon:
I'll have a look... did it do that on the old board? 

Baz:
I noticed that what Rodders said in FF too,thought it was just a page refresh until I watched for what it actually was.Dont remember it doing that in the old board.

I have that section collapsed now so dont see it,un less of course I visit the forums as a guest and its back  :D

Simon:

--- Quote from: Rodders on July 02, 2011, 12:42 ---It makes the page 'jump' when it adjusts the area to fit the height of the text, in Firefox 5 too.  Just specify a constant height for the field and you're laughing.
--- End quote ---

I've fixed the jumping by adding a set height, but does anyone (Rod?) know how to get the text vertically central if there's only one line?  This is the code, and I'm also interested in the bit where it says about the IE JS bug - what does it mean, "shouldn't be shorthand style"?  Could that be the cause of our issue?

#smfFadeScroller
{
   text-align: center;
   padding: 0 2em;
   height: 40px;
   overflow: auto;
   margin: 1em 0;
   color: #575757; /* shouldn't be shorthand style due to a JS bug in IE! */
}

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page