Technical Help & Discussion > AV Lounge

High Definition TV

(1/8) > >>

Delgado:
Has anyone noticed that when viewing ITV High Definition Programmes that the sound is not always in sync? This is more noticeable on outside broadcasts, or is it a problem with my TV Set?

Clive:
I noticed it a couple of times when I first had mine but not recently.  It will be Sky, not your set.  In the early days of Sky TV it was normal for sound to be out of sync.

Simon:
I can't receive HD yet, so can't help, sorry.  :bawl:

GillE:
I can't comment on ITV because there never seems to be anything on that channel which we wish to watch.  However, we get problems with BBC1 HD programmes breaking up.  I suspect the broadcasting infrastructure can't cope with this new technology.

Rodders:
This area has traditionally always been the last to get broadcasting goodies, and Freeview HD won't arrive here until March 2012, so two days ago I bought myself a Humax Foxsat HD set top satellite box to experience Freesat HD in all its glory.  There is an option to correct synch problems in the setup menu, but I haven't needed to use it.

From my experience so far, I'd have to say HD is a bit of a disappointment really.  There's currently only four HD channels - and they don't always transmit in HD.  I suppose I could improve the situation by giving 30 quid a month to that loathsome pariah Murdoch, but hey...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version