Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: High Definition TV  (Read 13092 times)

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
Re: High Definition TV
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2011, 00:09 »
And in other news Kenneth Kendall is still alive.  He must be well into his eighties by now!   :D

He is.  He featured in a TV programme last year in which a number of elderly celebrities lived in a house which had been designed specifically to represent their hey-day and make them feel young again.  I think the other celebrities were Sylvia Syms, Dickie Bird, Derek Jameson, Lionel Blair and Liz Smith.  Anyway, it was great to see how invigorated they were at the end of their stay.  Kenneth Kendall even felt up to owning a dog again, as he had done in his younger day.
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2011, 00:14 »
The Isle of Wight must be good for you.  :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline davy51

• Loyal Member
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2011, 02:30 »
oops sorry posted in wrong topic :blush:
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 02:32 by davy51 »
Dave

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend

Albert Camus

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2011, 08:22 »
He is.  He featured in a TV programme last year in which a number of elderly celebrities lived in a house which had been designed specifically to represent their hey-day and make them feel young again.  I think the other celebrities were Sylvia Syms, Dickie Bird, Derek Jameson, Lionel Blair and Liz Smith.  Anyway, it was great to see how invigorated they were at the end of their stay.  Kenneth Kendall even felt up to owning a dog again, as he had done in his younger day.

Oh yes!  I watched it too.   :blush:

Offline Delgado

• Established Member
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2011, 09:09 »

He used to own three Dachsunds, and regularly bought his dog food from me. Sadly they have passed away. He has now got a new Puppy, a cross Terrier, and takes her for a walk in the local park with Kenneth in his new electric buggy and the puppy along side. He is 87, but looks almost the same as he used to but with a few more age lines. Got more hair than me-baa!
if you cant do something nice-do nothing!

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2011, 11:11 »
;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum