Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: PuTTY 0.61 Released  (Read 2941 times)

Offline sam

• Administrator
PuTTY 0.61 Released
« on: July 13, 2011, 21:00 »
After 4 years!

Some Linux distributions have been shipping pre-release versions of GTK 2 PuTTY for years, so this won't be a surprise to anyone using Unix PuTTY or pterm via Debian or Ubuntu. But this is the first official release containing that functionality."

http://www.net-security.org/secworld.php?id=11278
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: PuTTY 0.61 Released
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 21:30 »
Better make this a sticky topic.  ;D :scoot:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 21:36 »
tis really useful, Putty that is. If you have a windows box allows you to ssh in :-)
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 21:47 »
When I get some time, I'm going to experiment more with the Linux live CDs.  :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline davy51

• Loyal Member
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 21:55 »
Another convert Sam
Once he starts playing with it he wont want windows any more lol

Dave

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend

Albert Camus

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 21:58 »
Don't be too sure.  ;)

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 22:11 »
I'll be sure... :p

I mean, do you use anything in particular on windows that you need? That's the question I came to when I completely went linux and for me it was games... so I run a dual boot - and only every use windows when I want to play a game.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 22:14 »
Well, the thing is, although I sometimes join in with the fashionable Microsoft bashing, I'm actually quite happy with Windows.  It does all I need, and rarely gives me any problems (other than on other people's bloody machines), so really, I have no reason to change, other than out of curiosity.

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 22:22 »
yeah, that's fair enough. I'm not a Microsoft basher completely. I think they have some useful software, shame a lot of it is bloated. I'm a big fan of my XBOX for example. I just feel I need a better and more flexible operating system. Each to their own needs. Though I do believe that the world would be better if it had better security by default. Something Linux offers, never mind viruses its just more secure in its reasoning.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 22:30 »
I know I've said this before, but I think one thing that puts people off Linux is that there are so many variants / distros, it's hard to know where to initially begin.  What I think they need is a big mainstream OS that people can start on, then they can move to try other distros if they choose.

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 22:33 »
yeah I understand. Though I think Ubuntu really has driven this forward quite a bit.
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum