Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Plusnet Broadband and Phone  (Read 2385 times)

Offline Delgado

• Established Member
Plusnet Broadband and Phone
« on: February 07, 2012, 13:39 »
I am thinking of switching to Plusnet Broadband and Phone package, as they are offering half price for twelve months. I can get Broadband and weekend and evening calls for £15-98. My Tiscali/Talk Talk package is costing me £28. As I have Tesco mobile which gives me loads of free calls in the day, this would suit me.

Anyone have experience of Plusnet?
if you cant do something nice-do nothing!

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Plusnet Broadband and Phone
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 14:18 »
Depends on what you use your connection mainly for, DG.  I think they use quite a lot of traffic shaping and throttling at peak times, so it's not great if you're a big gamer or heavy downloader. 
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 14:37 »
Never used them - like Simon I've heard they do traffic management... but don't most?
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 15:01 »
IDNet don't, but then you pay a premium for the privilege, which some people might not need. 
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Delgado

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 20:02 »
Thanks Guys for replies. I phoned Talk Talk for MAC Code, and they offered to reduce my package with them to match the Plusnet charge all but a few pence, but with more download gbs, so am staying with them. Pity the woman who I spoke to in the first place didnt offer me anything; I then would have had no reason to swop!

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 20:31 »
Hi,  Delgado.  Please could you give me the number you phoned Talk Talk on to get the reduction, as my contract ends at the end of February and I'm going to try for a further discount on threat of moving?  As an Orange mobile phone customer, I could save over £5 on an identical package to the package I get from Talk talk, but I would prefer not to move as I have always had a reliable connection.   ;)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 21:29 »
Calling the retentions department often reaps rewards.  ;)

Offline Delgado

• Established Member
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 23:10 »
Hi,  Delgado.  Please could you give me the number you phoned Talk Talk on to get the reduction, as my contract ends at the end of February and I'm going to try for a further discount on threat of moving?  As an Orange mobile phone customer, I could save over £5 on an identical package to the package I get from Talk talk, but I would prefer not to move as I have always had a reliable connection.   ;)

Hi Chorley Dave

The number you want is-

0870 444 1820

Request a MAC Code, and see what they offer you. If they think you are leaving they will do a deal to keep you.

Let us know how you get on-Good Luck!

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 07:28 »
Thanks, Delgado.  I'll do it in a couple of weeks (my contract ends on the 24th February) and let you know what they offer.   :)

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 21:34 »
Told TalkTalk that because I have an Orange mobile phone I could get an identical package for five pounds cheaper, so they gave me my current package for a matching price for the next twelve months.

Result!   :)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 21:59 »
 :thumb:

Offline Delgado

• Established Member
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 22:05 »
Told TalkTalk that because I have an Orange mobile phone I could get an identical package for five pounds cheaper, so they gave me my current package for a matching price for the next twelve months.

Result!   :)

Good result Dave. Im glad you got a deal.

:thumb:

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2012, 08:56 »
Isn't doing a deal with TalkTalk akin to selling your soul to the devil?  :devil:
Slainthe!

Rik

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum