Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: F-Secure Internet Security  (Read 2318 times)

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
F-Secure Internet Security
« on: February 28, 2012, 21:41 »
Hi all.

Anyone use F-Secure Internet Security?  I can get it free with my TalkTalk Plus package.  Is it worth installing, or would you recommend I stay with the free versions of Zone Alarm and Avira?

Thanks.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: F-Secure Internet Security
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 21:58 »
I've been using it since 2006, Dave, and wouldn't use anything else.  Clive also uses it, although, he's not around to comment at the moment.  I also have several friends who use it on my recommendation, and I've never had any reports of trouble with it.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 22:02 »
Thanks, Simon.

I think I'll have a look at it over the next weekend.   :)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 22:08 »
Just a word of warning - during installation, it will remove any other security software that may cause conflicts, but you shouldn't need them anyway.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 22:23 »
I'll probably uninstall Zone Alarm and Avira before installing F-Secure.  What about Malwarebytes and Spywareblaster?  Will I have to remove them too?

Thanks.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 00:20 »
I don't think it will like Spywareblaster, but MWB should be OK, as it doesn't run in real time, assuming it's the free version. I'm not sure what value Spywareblaster has these days, but FS will protect you anyway.  I have FSIS running alongside Windows Defender, and they play nicely together, but neither have ever found anything.  I also have Malwarebytes installed, and do a sweep once a month, but that always comes up clean too. 

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 22:04 »
Tried it on my second (old) laptop, not the one I'm using now, which only comes out if I'm going to look at someone's computer problem and I might have to download a driver or look up something, or I want to try something out.  Couldn't take to it at all and have now removed it and reverted to Microsoft Security Essentials and Windows Firewall.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 23:20 »
Our of curiosity, what didn't you like, Dave?  I hardly even notice it's there on my machine, but admittedly, it might not run so well on older hardware. 

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 23:21 »
I couldn't take to MSE, due to the lack of automatic updates. 

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 04:19 »
Seemed a bit "clunky" to me, although as you say, Simon, that may be because the machine I put it on is very old.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 10:37 »
It can take a couple of days for it to 'bed in', but once it's sorted itself out, it's practically invisible.  I will admit, I've also tried it on an older machine, and it didn't run so well. 

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum