Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Rumour: Google To Launch Android 4.2 On 29th October  (Read 7142 times)

Offline sam

• Administrator
Rumour: Google To Launch Android 4.2 On 29th October
« on: October 20, 2012, 10:04 »
Rumour: Google To Launch Android 4.2 On 29th October Google has invited members of the press for an event on 29th October. Of interest are the words "Join us for an Android event" and"The playground is open" in the invitation — the same as when they launched Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) and the Nexus 7 16 GB tablet based on the same OS. That bit of wording has sparked speculations that this will be the launch event for Android 4.2 and a 32 GB variant of the tablet. The word "play" alludes to Google's Play Store. The rumour is also that the company will show off the Nexus 4 — LG's first Nexus device, which is also rumoured to run the new mobile OS.

http://www.techtree.com/content/news/2037/google-android-42.html
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Rumour: Google To Launch Android 4.2 On 29th October
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 10:40 »
I've invested too much in Apple accessories to change now - that said, I'm miffed that they've changed the connector on the iPhone5, so you have to buy adapters for all your docks, etc.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 10:56 »
And ports...
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 12:48 »
Indeed.   :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 22:56 »
Its what apple do best at.

I love my android phone. I love a nice mis-match of tech. Though, if I was bothered I'd so have airtunes.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 10:18 »
I like the relative simplicity of Apple products.  OK, there used to be jailbreaks available, but I don't even look for them now.  The trouble with Android is, there are so many different custom ROMs available, the temptation to meddle can be hard to resist, and that could well be why there seem to be more security issues with Android than with Apple.

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 10:26 »
Plus there's Google and data mining...
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2012, 12:16 »
Google data hmmm. I'm sure Apple have been doing that for far longer and they are less open about making money from that. I'm not a google defender just I'm sure apple are as bad.

As for Android - I have to say being the geek I am I'm suprised that I've not bothered tinkering. I did with my wife’s but only because her phone was struggling with HTC sense as it got older and full of crap so we moved to cynagen mod.
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum