Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: BT upgrade  (Read 2363 times)

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
BT upgrade
« on: February 12, 2013, 20:25 »
Over the week end BT sent me an email saying they are upgrading? out broad band  :thumbs:

Now getting 12Mb down load  plus 0.9 upload   result not bad for copper wired  8-)

On 12-Feb-13, we’ll be upgrading your local phone exchange. That means you’ll get a stronger, more reliable broadband connection. (It might make it a bit faster, too.)
What will happen on the day?
At some point before 6pm, we’ll switch off your broadband and phone for a few minutes. They should restart again automatically when we’ve finished the upgrade. But if they don’t, just turn your BT Home Hub off and on again. If you’re not using your BT Home Hub or BT supplied hub-router at the moment, we recommend you reconnect it to get the best out of your broadband. It’ll also help us fix problems if any crop up.
When will the upgrade be finished?
Although the technical stuff will all happen on 12-Feb-13, your line will need some time to settle down. That’ll take up to ten days. Your broadband might slow down or even stop now and again. But don’t worry, that’s normal.
The best thing to do is leave your BT Home Hub on and use your broadband as much as you like. Then your line should settle fairly quickly.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: BT upgrade
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 21:28 »
Nice.  :thumb:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 22:11 »
I get between 16 to 20 down and 0.8 to 1.2 up, but I am about thirty yards from Chorley's Central Exchange and can actually see it from my lounge window.  ;D

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 22:36 »
What is this broadband I hear you talk of?   :dunno:  ;D

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 07:56 »
 :laugh:

Show unread posts since last visit.