Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Wembley  (Read 2252 times)

Offline Den

• Forum Fanatic
Wembley
« on: March 23, 2013, 20:33 »
Tomorrow, Sunday Wrexham are playing in a cup final at Wembley Stadium. About 18,000 Wrexham fans are scheduled to go but the weather in Wrexham is awful and some folk will not be able to get to their pick up points. S4C have come to the rescue, they were filming it so they could show the highlights in the evening but they are now showing it live at 3.00pm. It's Wrexham's first ever time to play at Wembley in 149 years so it should be worth watching. Grimsby are just there for the ride  :)x  I could not go (although my son is traveling from Rhoose) so I will now be glued to the TV. 
Fourth in the 2018 Quiz of the Year but at least I beat Clive.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Wembley
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 23:41 »
Good luck to Wrexham, Den!   :thumb:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 09:14 »
Good Luck, Den!

Offline Den

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 19:21 »
Wow. Wrexham won on penalties 4-1 after dominating the game. Their goalkeeper pulled off some amazing saves or we would have one by at least four goals. Wrexham have now played their first ever game at Wembley in 149 years and are the first Welsh team to win the League Trophy.   :wales: :wales: :wales:
Fourth in the 2018 Quiz of the Year but at least I beat Clive.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 19:22 »
:welldone: Wrexham!  :thumb:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 20:43 »
Yes  :welldone: Wrexham.

I watched the match live on S4C at my brother's house and I have to say that if it hadn't been for the excellent Grimsby 'keeper, it could have been a cricket score.  Thoroughly deserved.   :thumbs:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum