Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: laptop keyboard settings  (Read 2315 times)

Offline harrabin24

• New Registration
laptop keyboard settings
« on: June 20, 2013, 00:48 »
Hello i have a Samsung rv515 laptop and i have got a problem my keyboard has gone funky i mean all the keys on my keyboard i don't know what to do fn don't work numlock don't work they are all different for example a=c g=t and so on

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Re: laptop keyboard settings
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 11:52 »
First I would try a re-boot which often solves problems like that.  If it doesn't work then try a system restore.  It may be worth running your virus scanner just in case you've picked up something nasty.

Offline harrabin24

• New Registration
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 12:51 »
I have tried system restore and used Samsung's built in recovery system back to factory default but still not fixed.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 13:04 »
It sounds as though you need a new keyboard.  Laptop keyboards and screens are surprisingly easy to replace and I'm certain someone will come along and suggest a reliable source.  Most keyboard faults involve stuck Fn keys but the reboot should have reset that.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 17:35 »
Could something have gone down between the keys, such as a paper clip, or could something have been spilt on the keyboard?

:welcome:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Rodders

• Forum Fanatic
  • Bournemouth: Where even the water is 'ard!
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 01:04 »
Plug in a USB keyboard.
Is the key layout still affected?
If yes, I suspect that something's changed your keyboard settings.  Fix it using settings in the OS.
If no, your keyboard's probably knackered, so try downloading a workshop manual to dismantle and check that your keyboard ribbon is seated correctly.  Do not break the latch holding the ribbon!  Look for a replacement keyboard on eBay.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum