Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Why You Should Switch to the Mozilla Firebird browser  (Read 7606 times)

Adept

Re:Why You Should Switch to the Mozilla Firebird browser
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2003, 08:55 »

Having realised I seem to be using an older version, I've tried to update it, but keep getting instawwation ewwors (as Elmer would say).  Slowly losing patience.   :-\

I'd have that broadband connection of yours looked at Simon ::)

I must have downloaded Opera 5 or six times in the last few months to get the latest update and never had a problem re-installing. Something must be wrong if you are getting that many corruptions.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2003, 14:45 »
Well, everything else downloads and installs OK.  I could have blamed the *cough* 'licence'  but this was happening when I first tried to download it off the Opera site. I managed to find a copy I had downloaded ages ago, which was the only one I could get to install correctly, but, of course, it's an older version.

I suppose the only way might be to totally purge it from my PC and start again - just when I was starting to get it set up to my liking.    ::)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2003, 23:46 »
OK, I'm back on Firebird!  It really is a lot faster than both IE and Opera.  It's also extremely highly configurable, once you have downloaded the Advanced Preferences plug-in.  The only thing is, I don't understand what most of the available tweaks actually do!

I'm sure there must be a way to get our advanced smilies to display - any ideas Sean?

By the way, I did get Opera to install.  Must have had a dodgy download.   ;)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum