Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Macromedia Dreamweaver MX  (Read 4552 times)

Offline DJ

• Established Member
Macromedia Dreamweaver MX
« on: May 24, 2003, 20:49 »
Hi all,

Thought I might start to use Macromedia Dreamweaver now I've managed to "get" a copy.  ;)

What I need to know is are there any sites that allow free downloads of templates. I want a standard look to my site.

Any other advice on using Dreamweaver would be a help - i've only designed sites using basic HTML so it'll quite a big jump  :-\

Cheers all  :D

DJ1UK

Adept

Re:Macromedia Dreamweaver MX
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2003, 21:50 »
Dreamweaver MX is definately the best HTML editor available at the moment DJ. You won't regret spending the time learning how to use it.

I've been using it for about 6 months and I'm still finding out things I didn't know ;)

As for template sites - I know of a few general purpose sites but none specifically for MX.

There are loads of template sites of differing quality. Have a look at this Google search :)

Offline DJ

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2003, 12:52 »
Thanks Adept.

I had a look on the macromedia site and downloaded a few examples of there.  I'll see what else there is to offer.

DJ1UK

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2003, 22:48 »
I use Cutesite Builder, DJ and it's so easy, anybody can design a professional looking website in a fraction of the time, but as I am totally unskilled in web design, you might find it too easy :)
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline DJ

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2003, 10:18 »
Thanks Lona, I'm always open to suggestions  ;) , so I'll take a look at it later. I have a trial on a cover disk somewhere. If anyone else wants to have a look the site is...

http://www.cuteftp.com/cutesitebuilder/

DJ1UK

Offline twiggy

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2003, 22:33 »
Sorry Adept i must disagree i have Dreamweaver, front page and namo web editors installed on my comp. By far the best is Namo very easy for beginners and great for more advance web designers. Its only an opinion but i think namo is loads better.

Mark

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2003, 22:38 »
Don't think Adept's ignoring you, Mark - he's on holiday for a fortnight.   :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2003, 23:12 »
I am glad you mentioned Namo Mark,as thats the only one that I have used (I havent done much with it yet),but it seemed fairly straight forward,I have various versions of Dream Weaver but have never got around to installing any of them yet to try them out  :-*

Adept

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2003, 11:59 »
When I first started designing web-sites, I also thought that FrontPage and other web editors were far superior to Dreamweaver. I just couldn't get my head around the way it worked, only ever having been exposed to Microsoft's software previously.

But it was only really because I was inexperienced in HTML and web design that I didn't appreciate the power and, more importantly, standards compliance of the Macromedia product.

If you are fiddling about with one or two pages, use what you feel comfortable using [notepad is probably best ;)]- if you are designing a professional multipage website, it's definitely worth the effort learning how to use Dreamweaver. It is far more than just a web editor :)

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2003, 12:24 »
Just been having a look through these threads, but I am not certain from what people say as to which is the easiest for a beginner to start on.

Is it the cutesite one?  :-\

Out of all the things I've lost .......I miss my mind the most!!

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2003, 14:02 »
Dreamweaver is not really for beginners, Michelle.  Unless you like jumping in at the deep end!

;) ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2003, 14:10 »
Ah Thanks Simon, I do tend to jump in at the deep end  :) but on this occasion I think I had better not.

Sandra is sending me a few things  ;) so I guess I'll be able to see then

:D But I didn't want to go struggling with dreamweaver if the cutesite one is for beginners.

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2003, 15:05 »
The Cutesite one has templates to choose from Michelle which allows you to choose from preset layouts,not sure if you can start from a blank page or not.
I think Dreamweaver has both options whereas Namo has just a blank page and you design everything yourself. :doggie:

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2003, 16:10 »
Oh thanks sandra, I don't think I'll be using namo just yet then :lol:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum