Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Alternative to Adobe Reader.  (Read 3470 times)

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
Alternative to Adobe Reader.
« on: June 09, 2014, 22:25 »
For a number of years, I have been using Foxit Reader to open PDF files.  When I started using it, it was lightweight and fast.  While it is nowhere near as bloated as Adobe's effort it has, in recent times, become a bigger pain than Microsoft's offerings in that almost every time it opens it wants to update itself "to address security issues blah, blah, blah". 

Now as I'm sure everybody on here will know by now, I can't stand updates.  Let's face it, for those of us who use Windows as our operating system and do a clean install, by the time all the updates have been applied the OS is at least twice the size it was when it had first been installed from the disk.  To my mind, that is ridiculous!

What alternative "lightweight" PDF reader would others recommend - you know, something that downloads at no more than a few megabytes and STAYS at no more than a few megabytes?

Thanks.   :)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Alternative to Adobe Reader.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 22:55 »
I've never had a problem with Adobe, but you might find something useful here, Dave:

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-non-adobe-pdf-reader.htm
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Alternative to Adobe Reader.
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 06:00 »
I'll have a look at those later.

Thanks, Simon.  :)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum