Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Kodi Box  (Read 13529 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Re: Kodi Box
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2017, 22:19 »
I believe exodus is the "app" that a lot of seasoned Kodi users go for. I find the whole thing a bit confusing to be honest, seems very clunky (from a laptop perspective) and I rarely use it. I suspect it would be much easier with an all in box.

This is the add-on I'm using and it really is the DBs.  The quality of the content is incredible  and its updated constantly with the latest films.

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2017, 19:23 »
I tend to get my advice on Kodi from Peter Carcione on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/peterc408/featured .  He's normally quick to come up with work-arounds when Kodi glitches but I've been having trouble with Kodi failing to find streams lately and dear ole Pete hasn't been forthcoming.  Anyone else had difficulties recently?
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2017, 11:13 »
Yes, I've experienced a lot of difficulty with films.  My son, who lives in London has given up on his completely.  TV channels still work fine. We both subscribe to Netflix now which is totally reliable. 

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2017, 02:16 »
Yes, I've experienced a lot of difficulty with films.  My son, who lives in London has given up on his completely.  TV channels still work fine. We both subscribe to Netflix now which is totally reliable. 

I believe there has recently been a big crack down on a lot of the "apps" that Kodi uses. I used to use it a bit but not recently, a friend of mine who uses it a lot confirms what you say, that it has become pretty much useless.

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2017, 10:00 »
I've been reading reports over the weekend that many producers of add-ons such as Covenant have recently been served 'cease and desist' letters from lawyers representing the multinational media corporations.  Not surprisingly, they've been scared off.

I wonder what the next Kodi will be.
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2018, 11:34 »
I took another look at kodi over the weekend and all I could pick up was BBC content.  I've now subscribed to Netflix which is surprisingly good.  We've watched The Crown and The Detectorists which is very funny.

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2018, 14:50 »
Haven't seen The Crown but The Detectorists was a favourite.  Sad that no more episodes are being made but at least it went out on a high.  I use Get_iPlayer to make sure I can watch BBC iPlayer content whenever I like  ;).

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2018, 16:02 »
If I'd realised that Toby Jones was in the  Detectorists I'd have watched it long ago.  We watched all three series over the course of a couple of days.  The Crown is very illuminating and the only Royal who comes out of it well is the Queen.  The others are very flawed characters if there is any truth to be found in it.  Highly entertaining. 

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2018, 18:35 »
Peaky Blinders is my current fave.  I lived in Birmingham Small Heath for a number of years and the only difference nowadays is the gangs are Moslem, not Catholic!

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2018, 20:32 »
The reviews are superb but I need to convince Mrs Clive who keeps an iron grip on all the remotes.  Tonight will be Silent Witness.   ;D

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2018, 20:45 »
I've heard other people say that Peaky Blinders is very good, but I've never watched it, as I don't usually like period dramas.  I know it's a gangster type thing, but it's still set in the Victorian era, I believe.  I also tried to watch McMafia, which looked like it might be good, but I got fed up with half of it being subtitled, so gave up half way through Episode 2.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2018, 21:10 »
It started off in the aftermath of World War 1 and is now in the Roaring Twenties.  I also avoided it at first because I thought it might be like Ripper Street or some other period drama.  It certainly isn't!  Sometimes I find myself wondering about the plots but the sheer tension makes it compulsive viewing for me.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2018, 22:25 »
Mrs Clive enjoys period dramas and that era should be just up her street.  I'll have to work on her.   :)

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2018, 20:10 »
Kodi is just XBOX Media Centre by another name.. it will be replaced by something else.... but... the internet is getting more censored. Just get Neflix and Amazon prime and you are sorted. I don't understand the need to pay for these dodgy services when, well, one can just do it for free... or from the previous mentioned. Piracy is just a waste of time in the cheap online world of TV and music we live in. The only reason I can see people using sites like Kodi for is to stream live sport, which is a total rip off... though I have a Sky Go account...
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2018, 22:42 »
I've come to the same conclusion Sam.  Even when it was working my Kodi box was difficult to navigate and most streams would be duds or have foreign subtitles and/or poor quality.  Netflix is very reliable, easy to navigate and has plenty of content for just £6 a month which doesn't break the bank. I know you can get Amazon free with Prime but there doesn't appear to be a lot of free content available on Amazon TV.  I have it myself and haven't seen much more than re-runs of Robin Hood starring Richard Greene.  Most stuff still has to be paid for. 

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum