Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Motorola Moto G4 16GB Dual SIM-Free Smartphone - White  (Read 25318 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Re: Motorola Moto G4 16GB Dual SIM-Free Smartphone - White
« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2017, 22:22 »
The phone shows up in This PC as empty even though I've gone app crazy.   ;D  I'll download the software you have recommended and see how we go.  I'm a bit bereft this evening as I haven't had my nightly software update.   ;D

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2017, 22:30 »
Shuttle+ costs money ad Poweramp is a free trial.  I'm not ready to put my card details on the phone as it could be the start of the slippery slope.   :o:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2017, 23:35 »
Oh, OK.  You can buy them from the App store via your PC and they will load onto your phone.  You just need to sign in to the App store with the same details as on your phone.  I think there is a free version of Shuttle, but the Plus version is only 89p!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=another.music.player

Apps should install on the phone memory, and most won't take up much space.  If your SD card is showing as empty, then you can't have transferred your music files correctly.  You may not be able to copy the iTunes Music folder as one item, but you should certainly be able to open it, then Ctrl+A to select all the folders, then Ctrl+C to copy.  Then go to the Music folder on your SD card and Paste.  Unless I'm going mad myself, it should be that simple!

Do you know what the default music player on the phone is?  Many Android music player apps rely on the music first being available in the default player, so I think you may need to get that up and running before your other music apps will work. 
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2017, 11:13 »
OK, thanks for that advice!  I'll take a look and report back.   :D

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
« Reply #94 on: April 20, 2017, 13:19 »
Clive why are you using i-tunes, it was written solely to cause stress and annoyance for the unfortunate user  ':|

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: April 20, 2017, 13:42 »
Actually, I disagree, Dave.  I've always found iTunes a really useful tool for organising music.  It's never really let me down, and with other Apple devices, synchronicity is seamless.   It does become something more of a challenge when you try to use it with non-Apple products, but I guess that is only to be expected.  It's just a shame that Google / Android have yet to develop a comparable product. 
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2017, 15:22 »
Actually, I disagree, Dave.  I've always found iTunes a really useful tool for organising music.  It's never really let me down, and with other Apple devices, synchronicity is seamless.   It does become something more of a challenge when you try to use it with non-Apple products, but I guess that is only to be expected.  It's just a shame that Google / Android have yet to develop a comparable product. 

I'm impressed you get on with it,  I've always had trouble with it since the early days of ipods.  :blush:
I know where to send all my queries from my disgruntled teenagers when X doesn't sync with Y, whole music folders go missing and passwords don't work etc etc  :devil:.
Tried to download a newer version of itunes last year for MrsB on her pc and the damn thing would appear to download (very quickly) then there would be no sign of it on the pc. This was from the official apple site.
I got so fed up with Apple in general I moved to Android last year and find it much easier to get things done with.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2017, 19:57 »
I think the default music player must be Play Music because there is a very similar icon called Play Movies which I know I didn't download.  I'm pretty sure I downloaded Music and Music Player myself.  Well, a little bit sure.  OK I have no idea at all!   :blush:  But I successfully answered a call from my sister in law this afternoon so I have the hang of taking calls when the phone is sleeping.   :thumb:  I am making progress.  I've ditched Poweramp because it's only a 2 week trial.  I'm with Simon on iTunes Dave.  I really like it and even pretend to understand it.  If there is anything you need to know about it - ask Simon.   ;D

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2017, 22:27 »
OK, I've given up on the music.  I'm supposed to see transfer screens etc but I don't.  I suspect my SD card will forever remain empty and forlorn.  I've added some more contacts this evening.  I think I can store as many as six contacts - 4 more to go.   :D

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #99 on: April 20, 2017, 23:54 »
I don't understand why you're having problems with transferring music, as it should be a simple matter of copying and pasting from one folder to another.  What are the "transfer screens" you refer to?  With your phone connected to your PC, you should be able to do all this in Windows Explorer.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2017, 08:13 »
Apparently I have to tell the phone to operate in MTP mode but it's not at all clear how to do so. 

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #101 on: April 21, 2017, 10:36 »
Have you tried swiping down from the top of the screen with the USB connected?  If you do that, you may be able to touch the panel which relates to the USB (it may just say it's charging), and you can change the setting there.  Alternatively, go into the phone settings with the USB connected, and you should be able to find those options there somewhere.  I believe MTP is Media Transfer Protocol.

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
« Reply #102 on: April 21, 2017, 13:17 »
OK, I've given up on the music.  I'm supposed to see transfer screens etc but I don't.  I suspect my SD card will forever remain empty and forlorn.  I've added some more contacts this evening.  I think I can store as many as six contacts - 4 more to go.   :D

After windows 3.1 I'm not sure if you're joking or not  :P

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #103 on: April 21, 2017, 14:11 »
Have you tried swiping down from the top of the screen with the USB connected?  If you do that, you may be able to touch the panel which relates to the USB (it may just say it's charging), and you can change the setting there.  Alternatively, go into the phone settings with the USB connected, and you should be able to find those options there somewhere.  I believe MTP is Media Transfer Protocol.

if I swipe I just get various lists of recent e-mails and apps.  It ain't gonna work for me.  But it's no big deal as I don't have any earphones and I probably wouldn't be allowed to listen to it anyway.   ::)

After windows 3.1 I'm not sure if you're joking or not  :P

Finding another four people who would allow me to phone them has presented me with a bit of a challenge Dave.   ;D

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #104 on: April 21, 2017, 15:11 »
Pulling down from the top of the screen is the way to change the USB mode.  It's the same on all Android devices, so it should work on yours. 

http://support.bell.ca/Mobility/Smartphones_and_mobile_internet/Motorola-Moto-G.how_to_change_the_usb_connection_options_on_my

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum