Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Actor Roy Barraclough dies  (Read 2375 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Actor Roy Barraclough dies
« on: June 01, 2017, 17:44 »
The former Coronation Street actor Julie Goodyear has led tributes to her former co-star and on-screen husband Roy Barraclough, who has died aged 81.

In an emotional statement on Thursday, Goodyear said she was devastated to hear of the death of her “dearest friend”.

During a 55-year career in theatre and on TV, Barraclough was best known for his Corrie character Alec Gilroy, who had a stormy marriage to Bet Lynch, played by Goodyear.

Goodyear, 75, said: “My dearest friend, Roy Barraclough, has passed away at 6am this morning. I have no words to describe how devastated I feel. We kept in close touch and spoke to each other at least two or three times every week.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/jun/01/coronation-street-star-roy-barraclough-dies-aged-81
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Re: Actor Roy Barraclough dies
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 22:22 »
I thought it was Mr Barraclough from Porridge!  I've not watched Corrie since Ena Sharples days but he seems familiar.   :rip:

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 22:40 »
I thought it was Mr Barraclough from Porridge!  I've not watched Corrie since Ena Sharples days but he seems familiar.   :rip:

You mean she's not in it anymore  :dunno: next you'll be telling us Betty isn't doing hotpot anymore  :)x

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 23:05 »
Betty's Hotpot lives on!  It's amazing how they manage to get the portrait photo of Betty in virtually every shot inside the Rovers!   :D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 23:22 »
It must be getting close to its best before date by now  :ack:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum