Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: August 16th 1977  (Read 1454 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
August 16th 1977
« on: August 16, 2017, 13:54 »
I was never really that much of an Elvis fan.  I didn't particularly dislike him, I think it was just that his era was slightly before mine.  However, like many people, I do remember exactly where I was when I heard of his death. 

I was on the Isle of Wight, near a seaside shop, one of those that sells rock and beach balls and such like, and I heard it on thier transistor radio.  I remember being quite shocked, as at the age of 13, I don't think I'd really heard of such a big star dying before then. 

Where were you when you heard that Elvis had died?
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Online Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Re: August 16th 1977
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 21:11 »
I was having my coffee break at my place of work.  We had a "mess room" with tea and coffee making facilities and I had just begun to take a sip of coffee when one of my colleagues came in and announced the death.  I thought he was fooling around but of course he was not. 

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
Re: August 16th 1977
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 18:08 »
It was the summer holidays from college and I used to work with my late best mate as a labourer for his dad (who was a builder) during the holidays.  They picked me up in the car from outside my parents and announced that Elvis was dead.

I wasn't particularly bothered.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum