Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: using CDMA 3G-1X TECHNOLOGY FOR NET ACCESS!!  (Read 1119 times)

Offline delhiboy1000

• New Registration
using CDMA 3G-1X TECHNOLOGY FOR NET ACCESS!!
« on: June 13, 2003, 06:43 »
HI I LIVE IN INDIA & THE ONLY AFFORDABLE BB ACCESS IS THRO CDMA CELLPHONES(THEY SAY ITS 144kbps)WAT I WANNA ASK IS WHETHER ANYONE HAS USED CDMA CELLPHONES FOR NET ACCESSS-and are their any tweaks fer it?i am using a SAMSUNG SCH-N191 CELLPHONE.

thx and eagerly waiting for a reply!

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Re:using CDMA 3G-1X TECHNOLOGY FOR NET ACCESS!!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2003, 06:51 »
:welcome:  Delhiboy 1000.  It's still early in the morning here and our techies are getting their beauty sleep.  If you call back later I'm sure someone will be able to help you.

Adept

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2003, 08:59 »
Hi delhiboy1000 :welcome:

I'm sorry I don't have any experience of the type of cellphone you mentioned :(

I'm sure one of our other "techies" will know something though. Stay around for a while - someone will know :)

Offline lobo

• http://www.burnleywood.com
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2003, 10:47 »
@Delhiboy 1000

CDMA begins with a far more restricted bandwidth per phone call than a landline does. When you speak into your phone, it is digitized, but then it is passed through a lossy compression device called a codec. The codec algorithm is specifically designed to take advantage of the fact that human spoken language is enormously redundant and that the human ear can compensate for certain kinds of distortion.

CDMA2000 1X for Voice and Data
CDMA2000 1X technology supports both voice and data services over a standard (1X) CDMA channel, and provides many performance advantages over other technologies. First, it provides up to twice the capacity of earlier CDMA systems (with even bigger gains over TDMA and GSM), helping to accommodate the continuing growth of voice services as well as new wireless Internet services. Second, it provides peak data rates of up to 153 kbps (and up to 307 kbps in the future), without sacrificing voice capacity for data capabilities.

If you can process data at 144kbps from a maximum date rate of 153 kbps I do not think you are going to better that my friend

Brian ;D

url=http://pc-pals.com/userpics/loboPC.swf]Flash[/url]

All the survivors of the war had reached their homes and so put the perils of battle and the sea behind them.
Homer   , The Odyssey, line 1

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum