Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Gimp v2.10 is out!  (Read 2692 times)

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
Gimp v2.10 is out!
« on: May 07, 2018, 17:26 »
After 6 years with no updates, Gimp 2.10 has been released.  Should you upgrade?  YES!  If you also have Darktable installed (and whyever would you not have this brilliant photo-editing freeware?) you can open RAW photo files in Gimp and it will automatically feed them into Darktable.  After editing in Darktable, the photo then automatically opens in Gimp.  Moreover, Gimp keeps it as a large file which means the colour accuracy is superb.
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Gimp v2.10 is out!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 17:29 »
 :thumb:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 18:29 »
It's been a long time since I've seen the word Gimp and confess I've never used it.  I leave photo editing to Mrs Clive since she knows what she's doing.   ;D

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 20:55 »
Gosh I've not used Gimp in years, was the default on my linux box
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 03:33 »
I recently bought (yes, I actually passed shekels) Affinity Photo, which I love. I also have Photoshop Elements 15.  The Gimp still doesn't quite match those commercial software packages but if you're happy with freeware it's hard to beat, especially now the 'engine' has been rebuilt to make it faster.  Tied in with Darktable, it's a true contender once more.
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum