Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: EU GDPR Compliance  (Read 11769 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
EU GDPR Compliance
« on: May 21, 2018, 00:05 »
Dear Members,

As you will no doubt be aware, new data protection legislation is coming into force on May 25th, in the form of General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).

As we hold certain data which enables you to use the forum, we must comply with the GDPR.

We have taken steps to ensure that the forum is compliant, and these involved creating a new Privacy Policy and a new User Agreement, which we will need you to agree to if you wish to continue using our forum.

Rest assured that nothing too much has changed.  We just need to be transparent about how your data is used, how it is stored, your rights to access the data we hold, and your 'rights of erasure', i.e., your rights to have data removed and to 'be forgotten'.

When you log into the forum for the first time after this evening, you should be presented with our new User Agreement and Privacy Policy.  You will be required to agree to these before you can continue to use the forum, and will also be required to agree to any subsequent changes, which we hope to keep to a minimum.

You may also wish to review your consent to receive email communications from us.  You can do this by going to your Profile > Modify Profile > Notifications where you will find options to update your preferences.

You will find more information in a new section on the forum, which outlines how we have set out to achieve GDPR Compliance, and provides easy reference to our new Forum Policies.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation, and for your continued support of the forum.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Rodders

• Forum Fanatic
  • Bournemouth: Where even the water is 'ard!
Re: EU GDPR Compliance
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 10:12 »
I am furious that you apparently know my Date of Birth, yet have never sent me a birthday card.  Absolutely disgraceful.  :censored:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 12:24 »
 ;D

Actually, we did used to send birthday greetings in the form of a Happy Birthday thread, but we didn't want to be accused by the EU of having too much fun.  ::)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 12:34 »
On a serious note, it would be useful if someone could confirm that they were requested to consent to the new User Agreement and Privacy Policy when they logged in.  We have obviously tested as far as we can, but it would be great to know that it's working for all members.  :)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 15:20 »
Yes, I confirmed. 

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 15:33 »
You don't count - you're not a normal member.   :o:

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2018, 15:45 »
I've been confirmed too 🙂
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2018, 16:16 »
I've been confirmed too 🙂

Bless you!   8-)

Offline davy51

• Loyal Member
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2018, 19:12 »
I got confirmed :laugh:
Dave

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend

Albert Camus

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2018, 19:35 »
Gosh, it even works for Americans!   ;D :thumb:

Offline Rodders

• Forum Fanatic
  • Bournemouth: Where even the water is 'ard!
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2018, 23:46 »
I confirm that I confirmed to that which required confirmation.  It was fun.

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2018, 06:19 »
I got confirmed :laugh:

I feel the need for hallelujah!
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum