Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Latest ios update  (Read 7195 times)

Offline Den

• Forum Fanatic
Latest ios update
« on: June 15, 2018, 17:27 »
Once again Apple have made a balls of it.

Major problems being reported after latest update and as always I let my phones and iPads update.

When will I and Apple learn to wait.  :eeek:
Fourth in the 2018 Quiz of the Year but at least I beat Clive.

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
Re: Latest ios update
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 18:49 »
My old iPod Touch updated without any apparent mishaps. Phew!
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 20:52 »
I don't think I've got any Apple devices current enough to get updates now. 
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Rodders

• Forum Fanatic
  • Bournemouth: Where even the water is 'ard!
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 21:05 »
My iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6s updated to iOS 12.4 okay and haven't given me grief.  I do feel the phone has become somewhat power-hungry since ~11 though.

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 18:39 »
Now you mention it, my iPod Touch keeps telling me to recharge the battery.  When I connect it up, it often has a retained charge of almost 50%.
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 20:49 »
Now you mention it, my iPod Touch keeps telling me to recharge the battery.  When I connect it up, it often has a retained charge of almost 50%.

Not sure if it still works, but in the olden days, running a device completely down and recharging it a couple of times used to seemingly breathe new life into old batteries. 
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 01:40 »
That's still the recommended course of action, Simon. Perhaps Apple regrets having sold such good batteries in the past.

Offline Rodders

• Forum Fanatic
  • Bournemouth: Where even the water is 'ard!
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2018, 23:07 »
My iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6s updated to iOS 12.4 okay and haven't given me grief.  I do feel the phone has become somewhat power-hungry since ~11 though.
Actually, I've just noticed my iOS version numbers were a bit ambitious when I typed that back in June.  I meant of course, "iOS 11.4" and "since ~10".  Soz.

Meanwhile, my old iPhone 5 tried to double its capacity by expanding the battery to almost twice its size when I charged it a couple of days ago.  I won't be doing that again.  On the 'plus' side, I managed to pick up a 32GB iPhone 7 for £180 last week and will now keep the 6s as a spare.  I really think I should have gone straight to an 8, but let's see what wonders iOS 12 brings us in a couple of weeks time.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2018, 23:11 »
I'm out of Apple's clutches at the moment, but treat Android updates with equal trepidation.  if iPhones had expandable memory, I might consider switching back, but the higher storage capacity ones are just too expensive.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2018, 13:09 »
Mrs Clive also has an iPad Air 2 but we were away on holiday when the update came out so I can only assume it had been sorted by the time we came home. 

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2018, 20:33 »
I'm out of Apple's clutches at the moment, but treat Android updates with equal trepidation.  if iPhones had expandable memory, I might consider switching back, but the higher storage capacity ones are just too expensive.

I feel more comfortable with my Samsung phone updates these days than I ever did with Apple  :ack:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum