Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: iTunes duplicating files  (Read 1419 times)

Offline Den

• Forum Fanatic
iTunes duplicating files
« on: July 08, 2018, 22:12 »
Help: I went down this route before but here goes again.

iTunes keeps duplicating my music files. On my computer iTunes all my tracks are duplicated but are not duplicated using MusicBee.

If I access iTunes on my WDCloud there are at least four versions of each track which makes my Bose Soundtouch repeat each song four or five times. If I access Music or MusicBee with Soundtouch they play ok but I have to leave my computer on for that and it defeats the reason for having WDCloud.

What is the best way for removing duplicate tracks in iTunes other than removing them one at a time. Even then I would have to wipe the WDCloud and rerun back up.
Fourth in the 2018 Quiz of the Year but at least I beat Clive.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: iTunes duplicating files
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 01:03 »
It sounds like you perhaps need to control iTunes' syncing behavior, but as I don't sync with anything to do with the Cloud, I'm afraid I can't help with that.  With regards removing duplicates, if you click File > Library then you should see an option to Show Duplicates.  That might make it easier to remove them, as you can sort them by date or by album, etc.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum