Technical Help & Discussion > AV Lounge

Black & White Television

<< < (3/5) > >>

Clive:
I would have been too scared in those days.  :laugh:  Quatermass was edge of the seat stuff.  A bit like Doctor Who.   ;D

Clive:
Anyway, the answer to Gill's question about how people with black and white sets can view TV when analogue has been switched off is that they connect a Freeview box to the TV.   o:)

davy51:
Now Im feeling old
Never saw a tv until I was 9 years old that was in 1961 it had a 5inch oval screen
We lived in an area that didn't get tv reception

daveeb:

--- Quote from: Clive on November 10, 2018, 16:26 ---I would have been too scared in those days.  :laugh:  Quatermass was edge of the seat stuff.  A bit like Doctor Who.   ;D

--- End quote ---

You're right, I really enjoy the Quatermass films even now, being in black and white just adds to the suspense.

Clive:

--- Quote from: davy51 on November 10, 2018, 19:11 ---Now Im feeling old
Never saw a tv until I was 9 years old that was in 1961 it had a 5inch oval screen
We lived in an area that didn't get tv reception

--- End quote ---

Then one day you woke up to find a TV transmitter in your back yard.  And then you realised that the only thing they show on TV is adverts.   :facepalm:  I must admit I felt left out of it when all my school chums were singing "The Esso sign means happy motoring" and "You'll wonder where the yellow went when you brush your teeth in Pepsodent".  Now I haven't a clue what the advert is trying to sell me.   :ack:

--- Quote from: daveeb on November 10, 2018, 20:34 ---You're right, I really enjoy the Quatermass films even now, being in black and white just adds to the suspense.

--- End quote ---

My favourite horror film was the black and white Night of the Demon which is a stalwart of the Talking Pictures channel that is run from a garden shed by a father and his daughter.  It's one of the few "amateur" channels that makes money. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version