Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Printer Cartridges  (Read 3370 times)

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
Printer Cartridges
« on: November 14, 2018, 19:22 »
Yesterday afternoon my laser printer ran out of toner.  It was a huge problem because I write a newsletter for our local U3A group which is meeting tomorrow.  I bought my previous cartridge from my local Currys/PC World so I checked their website which said they stocked it (although the website couldn't tell me if they had any actually in stock).  Wincing at the price of £56, we drove 15 miles to the branch only to be told it wasn't in stock.  Nor was it in stock at the next nearest branch some 40 miles away.  They could order it for me but they couldn't guarantee next day delivery and I would have to drive to the store to collect it anyway.

I was angry and left the store without placing an order.  When I returned home I decided to order a cartridge online because I needed a replacement anyway, even though it wouldn't arrive until after the U3A meeting.  I placed the order in the late afternoon and, to my astonishment, the cartridge arrived at 4pm today!  What's more, it only cost £34!  All the newsletters have been printed  :thumbs: .

The company I used was www.cartridgepeople.com .  Strongly recommended.
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Printer Cartridges
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 20:19 »
Thanks for the recommendation.   :thumb:

I've been using www.cartridgesave.co.uk without any issues recently. 
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Re: Printer Cartridges
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 21:56 »
I've been using them for years Gill.  When I had a photocopier the Samsung cartridges were costing me just £30 which was a bargain.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum