Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: BT Smarthub 2  (Read 5209 times)

Offline Den

• Forum Fanatic
BT Smarthub 2
« on: December 02, 2018, 20:28 »
I have just acquired a BT SmartHub 2 with one WiFi disc from BT just for extending my contract on a fixed price for 18 months.

After checking for best location for the disc I now have a full signal all around the house with a small drop off in my Lounge.

I should add that it is quite a large 4 bedroom house and the Lounge I built is on the end so its at the opposite end of the building and through the original outside wall.

I contacted BT and they have promised me an extra WiFi disc this week (for free) and if that was not enough they would send me an extra disc also free of charge.

I have now disconnected all my powerline range extenders and will put them on Ebay. I think that this is a win win situation.  ;D
Fourth in the 2018 Quiz of the Year but at least I beat Clive.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Re: BT Smarthub 2
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 22:10 »
It's heartwarming to hear of a good outcome with a BT product.  Sadly I only have nightmare stories and loathe them with every fibre of my body. 

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 10:45 »
It's heartwarming to hear of a good outcome with a BT product.  Sadly I only have nightmare stories and loathe them with every fibre of my body. 
And could I just add every fibre of my body to the BT loathing as well.  :thumbs:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 10:56 »
I gave  up on them when they tried to convince me that a 4kbs broadband speed was perfectly acceptable.  Most of the  time I had no connection at all.   ::)

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 13:21 »
I gave  up on them when they tried to convince me that a 4kbs broadband speed was perfectly acceptable.  Most of the  time I had no connection at all.   ::)
I had many run ins with them from the early dial up days when they split the contracts into two separate parts to make it even more difficult to leave, to a dodgy install when they pinched some bell cablemedia existing wiring for their phone line meaning when i also got an NTL line they (ntl) had to repossess the line causing all sorts of problems, installing a fake master socket, putting me on a package I didn't sign up for and refusing to alter it, missing appointments then finally turning up and saying there was nothing wrong with their crap line even though the problem was already diagnosed by a competent sky engineer...i'd better stop now as i'm all ranted out grrr.  >:(

Offline Den

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 15:52 »
Just checked my speed again and still getting 63.31mbps down and 18.72mbps upload.  Still very happy.  ;D

Offline Den

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2018, 17:44 »
As the signal in my Lounge was not as good as I stated I wanted they agreed to send me another Disc (free of charge) to add to the system. Still love BT.  :D

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2018, 18:41 »
 :thumb:

Offline Den

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2018, 16:59 »
Received and set up my second disc and I now have 100% signal in the lounge. Connected all the smart TVs this afternoon and well pleased.

If you are not with BT and are having WiFi problems the BT WiFi mesh system has just been reduced again and well worth a shot.

Otherwise I have a load of Develo Power line extenders for sale at good price.   ;D

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum