Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Barry Humphries Quotes  (Read 1654 times)

Offline Rodders

• Forum Fanatic
  • Bournemouth: Where even the water is 'ard!
Barry Humphries Quotes
« on: March 15, 2019, 11:12 »
1: “Sex is the most beautiful thing that can take place between a happily married man and his secretary.”

2: “New Zealand is a country of thirty thousand million sheep, three million of whom think they are human.”

3: "I was born in Melbourne with a precious gift. Dame Nature stooped over my cot and gave me this gift. It was the ability to laugh at the misfortunes of others."

4: "There is no more terrible fate for a comedian than to be taken seriously."

5: “Australia is an outdoor country. People only go inside to use the toilet. And that's only a recent development.”

6: “Most of my contemporaries at school entered the World of Business, the logical destiny of bores.”

7: "Never be afraid to laugh at yourself, after all, you could be missing out on the joke of the century."

8 : I'm trying to think of a word to describe your outfit ...affordable."

9: "The best jokes are often only understood by one other person."

10: "If you have to explain satire to someone, you might as well give up."

11: “My parents were very pleased that I was in the army. The fact that I hated it somehow pleased them even more.”

12: "This double chin was grafted on to me, in Brazil. It belonged to Elizabeth Taylor. It was her left love handle."

13: "Andrew Lloyd Webber doesn't need necessarily to be on camera does he? I think the old phantom could have lent him a mask or two... No I'm teasing, and he'd know if he's watching, which I hope he isn't."

14: "I'm not racist. I love all races, particularly white people. You know, I even like Roman Catholics."

15: "I'm better than Judi Dench, much much better and I'm afraid taller!"

16. Political correctness means nothing to me. Nothing. It's the new Puritanism, darling. Preventing us from expressing ourselves.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Barry Humphries Quotes
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 11:20 »
 :laugh:

But I have to admit, I can't watch his Les Patterson character.  Makes me feel sick!
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Rodders

• Forum Fanatic
  • Bournemouth: Where even the water is 'ard!
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 15:10 »
That's Sir Les Patterson, to you Simon.   ;)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 17:25 »
 ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum