Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: surveillance  (Read 1513 times)

Offline Den

• Forum Fanatic
surveillance
« on: July 29, 2019, 22:24 »
So there I was sat in my van. I had kept the house under surveillance for about an hour. Then there was movement at the front door. I hunched down as much as I could in the van so the woman wouldn’t see me. As she walked up the road and turned the corner I slowly, carefully exited the van. I crossed the road, nervously, aware that at any time someone could notice me or the woman from the house could come back. I launched myself over the garden wall and fell to the ground. My heart was beating in anticipation of someone shouting out to me. I crawled slowly to the door. Once there I looked around once more to check my surroundings. Then I lifted the letterbox slowly and quietly. Once my work was done, I slowly closed the letter box aware that any sound might disturb someone and make them come to the door. I then jumped up and ran for my life, jumped into the van and drove off at speed away from the scene. And another ‘Sorry you were out’ card is successfully delivered. Proud to be Royal Mail.
Fourth in the 2018 Quiz of the Year but at least I beat Clive.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: surveillance
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 22:30 »
That's not funny.  I'm convinced that they write the cards out before they leave the depots to save themselves delivering the parcels.   >:(
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 09:11 »
Royal Mail and DPS are the worst by far.  I use Amazon locker when possible. 

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 09:54 »
DPD are the best in my experience.  They text to give an hour delivery slot on the day, and that also gives options as to what they should do if no one is home, such as leave with a neighbour or in a safe place. 
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2019, 10:36 »
DPD are the best in my experience.  They text to give an hour delivery slot on the day, and that also gives options as to what they should do if no one is home, such as leave with a neighbour or in a safe place. 

I agree, they're not perfect but about as good as it gets.
I think Yodel have to be the worst, we've had numerous "missed" deliveries  stating we weren't in when we were...they just couldn't be bothered to turn up.  >:(

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2019, 15:28 »
Strangely, Yodel are OK in this area.  We've also had problems with Hermes who tend to completely lose parcels.  :bawl:

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2019, 18:47 »
Strangely, Yodel are OK in this area.  We've also had problems with Hermes who tend to completely lose parcels.  :bawl:

i agree with Hermes,  they're almost as awful as Yodel.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2019, 20:02 »
Hermes seem to have improved around here.  We have a regular delivery lady and the packages no longer arrive squashed, broken or ripped open like they used to.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2019, 20:58 »
I see a trend.  You send all your useless delivery drivers to Wales.    :bawl:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2019, 21:25 »
 :devil:

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2019, 22:59 »
I totally avoid ordering anything online unless delivery is by Royal Mail, because although they rarely deliver - instead leaving a card - the collection depot is less than a ten minute walk from my home, rather than a longish drive to some obscure industrial estate where all the courier firms seem to be.

An exception is when a "Click and Collect" service is offered and I can have deliveries made either to the newsagent round the corner or to Argos, therefore not having to wait in for a promised delivery that probably won't arrive.  >:(

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2019, 08:13 »
I use Amazon locker whenever I can because the collection point is our local Coop which has long opening hours and is just a short walk up the high street.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum