Technical Help & Discussion > Broadband, Networking, PC Security, Internet & ISPs

Smart TV problem

<< < (2/6) > >>

sam:

--- Quote from: Simon on January 01, 2020, 20:01 ---Just another random thought, but I wonder if it could be anything to do with the date?  Have you checked that the TV is showing the correct date?  I can't really see how this would affect the network settings, but stranger things, and all that.

--- End quote ---

Yes the incorrect date could could a HTTPS issue.

Den:
I tried every way I could think of including going on Sony forums. Up until last night it worked fine with never a blip.

Sometimes after lots of fiddling it would work and then after 10 mins it would stop again. Fortunately I had not gotten rid of my Develo Powerline Adapters using ethernet cable and although its not as fast as the wifi it seems to work fine. Just annoyed with Sony and can't understand why both the other TVs work fine.

sam:

--- Quote from: Den on January 01, 2020, 21:12 ---I tried every way I could think of including going on Sony forums. Up until last night it worked fine with never a blip.

Sometimes after lots of fiddling it would work and then after 10 mins it would stop again. Fortunately I had not gotten rid of my Develo Powerline Adapters using ethernet cable and although its not as fast as the wifi it seems to work fine. Just annoyed with Sony and can't understand why both the other TVs work fine.

--- End quote ---

I assume not still under warranty?

Seems strange, must be a firmware update? I wonder if you can downgrade it? Got the model number?

GillE:
I heard on the radio earlier that the atmospheric high pressure sitting over the UK is wreaking havoc with many Freeview digital receivers. It's something to do with how television signals are broadcast and bounced off atmospheric layers but I must admit I'm completely out of my depth here.  Nevertheless, could that be a possibility?

Clive:
Funnily enough a friend who lives in Cricklade told us that their TV signal disappeared over Christmas. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version