Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Tim Brooke-Taylor dies from coronavirus  (Read 2295 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Tim Brooke-Taylor dies from coronavirus
« on: April 12, 2020, 13:40 »
Comedian Tim Brooke-Taylor has died at the age of 79 with coronavirus, his agent has confirmed to the BBC.

The entertainer, best known for The Goodies and I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue, died on Sunday.

Fellow Goodie star Graeme Garden said he was "terribly saddened by the loss of a dear colleague and close friend of over 50 years".

"He was a funny, sociable, generous man who was a delight to work with," Garden said.

"Audiences found him not only hilarious but also adorable. His loss at this dreadful time is particularly hard to bear, and my thoughts are with Christine, Ben, Edward and their families."

Brooke-Taylor's career spanned more than six decades and his comedic roots lay in the Cambridge Footlights.

He started his broadcasting career on BBC Radio, before becoming one of the members of the anarchic Goodies TV show and later as a long-standing panellist on Radio 4's I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue.

Comedian Jack Dee, the current host of I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue, said: "It has come as devastating news to hear that Tim has succumbed to this dreadful virus - especially when we all thought he was recovering.

"Tim was a delightful man and never anything but great company. It has always been one of the great joys of my career to work with someone who was part of the comedy landscape of my childhood."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-5226249
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
Re: Tim Brooke-Taylor dies from coronavirus
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 14:33 »
 :cry:
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 15:43 »
Very sad indeed.  He was a real character.  :rip:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2020, 17:44 »
I fear the celebrity victims of Covid-19 may well exceed the cull of 2016.  :(
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2020, 20:06 »
:rip:    :cry:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2020, 20:07 »
For certain Simon.   :(

Show unread posts since last visit.