Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Steve Priest  (Read 2260 times)

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
Steve Priest
« on: June 05, 2020, 19:19 »
I doubt many here will be particularly grief-stricken by the passing of Steve Priest, bassist with the Sweet, but the first 45 I ever bought was by the Sweet and I still like their music.   Given a different management team they could have become a world-wide phenomenon in the style of Queen.

:rip:
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Steve Priest
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 19:47 »
That's very sad news.  Sweet was my favourite group growing up in the 70s and I still listen to their stuff regularly now.  They were very much more than their hit singles portrayed, and were in fact a very talented rock band who's material still sounds fresh today. 

:rip: Steve Priest
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 21:24 »
Who would not like Sweet?  They were a breath of fresh air when they came on the scene.   :rip: Steve Priest. 

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 22:58 »
 :( :(
I really liked the Sweet as well, as Simon mentions good memories of the 70's. I must admit though I thought he'd died a while ago. I'm losing track  :blush:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2020, 00:02 »
Brian Connolly (singer) died in 1997 and drummer Mick Tucker in 2002.  Steve Priest was still performing live up to quite recently, but he had to play sitting down.  Unfortunately, I don't think he's been in the best of health for some time, and in recent photos looked like he weighed about 25 stone.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2020, 11:34 »
Brian Connolly (singer) died in 1997 and drummer Mick Tucker in 2002.  Steve Priest was still performing live up to quite recently, but he had to play sitting down.  Unfortunately, I don't think he's been in the best of health for some time, and in recent photos looked like he weighed about 25 stone.

oh yes it was Brian Connilly I was thinking of  :blush: :blush:

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2020, 13:25 »
I remember the music teacher at school, Mr Miller, playing (of a fashion) "Teenage Rampage" on the piano, while we all sang to it in about 1975 or 1976!

:rip:

Offline Den

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2020, 15:54 »
Andy Scott lived just down the road from me, his parents had a newspaper shop. I remember him on the local circuit playing for the Forewinds and later the Silvertones. Our paths crossed many times on the local circuit and then I went on to the club circuit in Liverpool and Manchester and he went on to stardom with the Sweet.  8-)
Fourth in the 2018 Quiz of the Year but at least I beat Clive.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum