General Discussion > The Buzz

Brian May voted Greatest Rock Guitarist of All Time

(1/2) > >>

Simon:
Queen’s Brian May has been named the greatest rock guitarist of all time by readers of Total Guitar magazine.

The magazine had a shortlist of 170 players which they split into six categories: classic rock, blues, heavy metal, shred, indie/alternative and ‘best right now’. Fans got to have their say in an online poll – and it was May who came out on top of the rock category.

Reacting to the news, May tells Total Guitar: “I’m absolutely speechless. I’m blown away. I have to say it’s completely unexpected. Obviously I’m deeply touched that people feel that way about me. I’m not under any illusions that, technically, I’m even on the tree of great guitarists. 

https://www.loudersound.com/news/queens-brian-may-voted-the-greatest-rock-guitarist-of-all-time

Clive:
I wouldn't argue with that.   :thumb:

GillE:
I would certainly argue!  Jimmy Hendrix and Eric Clapton immediately spring to mind and I don't even like their music!

Clive:
 ;D

Simon:

--- Quote from: GillE on June 09, 2020, 02:47 ---I would certainly argue!  Jimmy Hendrix and Eric Clapton immediately spring to mind and I don't even like their music!

--- End quote ---

And you can't spell one of their names either!  It's Jimi.   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version