Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Coronavirus stealth.  (Read 1895 times)

Offline Den

• Forum Fanatic
Coronavirus stealth.
« on: June 19, 2020, 16:34 »
This coronavirus is the strangest virus I've ever heard of.

It's very dangerous the way it spreads. It is so mysterious the way it lurks in schools, but then dies at B&Q. It is sneaky.

It can spread when buying clothes at M&S but not at Tesco.

It is non-alcoholic. It can't spread when you are buying beer. It lives for two days on Amazon boxes, you must wait 48 hours to touch them but It can't survive on takeaway coffee cups, so enjoying a hot cup of costa is safe.

It is the most curious thing, how it lives on footballs, ballet bars, even loo seats but dies on WWE ropes.

It is spread by hair stylists, dog groomers, and dentists, but not by bank tellers, cashiers, and fast food workers. It's so smart. It won’t bother the first 10 people but it knows when the 11th person shows up so be careful if that’s you.

It even knows what you want vs what you need. If you want a massage or your nails done it is very actively on the prowl and not even a mask can stop it but If you need a plumber, it is weak, and a mask will keep it away.

It won't affect you in a taxi, but your not allowed to take people in your car. It also seems to be most dangerous after 5:30pm so businesses must start to close before the virus comes out and wreaks havoc upon the populations.

Whoever heard of such a smart sneaky virus?!? 🤗

Fourth in the 2018 Quiz of the Year but at least I beat Clive.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Re: Coronavirus stealth.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2020, 16:51 »
There's a lot of truth in that! 

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2020, 19:52 »
:clever2:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2020, 20:59 »
I'm trying to get my head around how the kids can't go back to school because they'll all spread the virus, yet our local park is full of kids gathering together and larking around.
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2020, 21:05 »
I'm trying to get my head around how the kids can't go back to school because they'll all spread the virus, yet our local park is full of kids gathering together and larking around.

I guess it's the close proximity for long periods in the classroom setup Gill. Mrs Daveeb is a teacher and has the full compliment of 15 and says it's a nightmare keeping them apart. A full classroom would be impossible.

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2020, 21:15 »
I guess it's the close proximity for long periods in the classroom setup Gill. Mrs Daveeb is a teacher and has the full compliment of 15 and says it's a nightmare keeping them apart. A full classroom would be impossible.

I can only imagine what your wife must be going through!  Teachers are worth every penny they (usually don't) earn and a lot more besides.  It's just that all these efforts in the school to keep the children apart seem to be so forlorn when the children themselves aren't complying with social distancing out of school.
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2020, 21:30 »
I think it's different being outside in a park.  I guess the ideal situation would be to set up open air classrooms, but of course, that wouldn't be practical.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2020, 21:38 »
What bothers me a bit is this de-escalation to Level 3.  The definition of this is that "the virus is in general circulation", therefore, to my mind, there can still be outbreaks, and it can still kill people, so we still shouldn't be relaxing the restrictions, particularly for those who are shielding or otherwise more vulnerable.  The problem is that as soon as the Great British Public get wind of a relaxation, there are some who will treat it as a free-for-all, and it won't be long before we will have to apply lockdowns again.

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2020, 21:51 »
I think it's different being outside in a park.  I guess the ideal situation would be to set up open air classrooms, but of course, that wouldn't be practical.

Being outside in a park is probably just the tip of the iceberg.  Obviously, I can't see what they get up to indoors!  If they're anything like I was at their age, they ain't sitting 2 metres apart whilst they do cross-stitch.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2020, 22:35 »
What bothers me a bit is this de-escalation to Level 3.  The definition of this is that "the virus is in general circulation", therefore, to my mind, there can still be outbreaks, and it can still kill people, so we still shouldn't be relaxing the restrictions, particularly for those who are shielding or otherwise more vulnerable.  The problem is that as soon as the Great British Public get wind of a relaxation, there are some who will treat it as a free-for-all, and it won't be long before we will have to apply lockdowns again.

I think a lot of people have given up on social distancing.  I've found it impossible these past few days with so many visitors.  I even managed to have an illegal haircut today in a barber's garden.   ::)

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2020, 22:55 »

I agree Simon. I think the pressure from some quarters to relax restrictions is starting to tell on BJ. The Economists and govt Spartans want us all back to work asap. I'd love to get back to normality but rushing in to it risks a second spike which won't do the public or the economy any favours.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2020, 23:03 »
Well well well... check your phones, folks!  Seems Big Brother has sneakily installed preparation for a Covid tracking app. 

On Android phones, go to Settings > Google and you'll find it there. 

On an iPhone, go to Settings > Privacy > Health.

Seems at the moment these are inactive without the installation of an accompanying app, but even so, to install it without consent is bloody naughty.   >:(

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2020, 13:04 »
Not on my trusty Samsung Simon.  Does it need to connect to the internet?   :devil:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2020, 15:46 »
 :facepalm:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2020, 21:42 »
 :smirks:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum