Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Optimising 1 App Of 1  (Read 1571 times)

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
Optimising 1 App Of 1
« on: July 04, 2020, 17:56 »
I have a Lenovo tablet which has an android OS.  Whenever I switch it on it takes about 7 or 8 minutes to boot up.  I get a message that it is "Optimising 1 App Of 1".  I've looked all over the internet for a solution to this problem, to no avail.  Some websites have suggested going into the BIOS but it's written in Chinese.

Please can someone help?
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Optimising 1 App Of 1
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 18:14 »
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, Gill, but I had exactly the same problem a few weeks ago. After Googling and trying all sorts of suggestions, the only thing that cured it was a "hard" factory reset. Maybe somebody else might have a better suggestion, but the link I used is below:

https://www.howtogeek.com/130611/how-to-factory-reset-your-android-phone-or-tablet-when-it-wont-boot/#:~:text=Hold%20down%20the%20Power%20button,volume%20buttons%20and%20tap%20Power.

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
Re: Optimising 1 App Of 1
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 19:45 »
Thanks, Dave.  I've bitten the bullet and gone for the hard factory reset.  Fortunately, I have a password manager and all my important data had been saved to a memory card.
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum