Technical Help & Discussion > Software, Hardware & Website Recommendations

Microsoft Word 2010 problem

<< < (3/3)

pctech:
Office 2010 !?!

Just messing with you, sounds like MS have fundementally changed something within Object Linking and Embedding but I couldn't tell you what.

Best I can suggest you try is to run Winword in compatibility mode for Windows 7

Right-click shortcut > More > Open File Location, right-click on shortcut file > Properties > Compatibility (you could also try the troubleshooter first so it can pull and enforce recommended settings)

Other than that I'd agree with Gill if you don't want to upgrade Office, Libre is a fork of OpenOffice I believe so it should be pretty familiar.

I did come across a few installs of 2010 on machines at work and had to drag users kicking and screaming onto Office 2016 as it had to work with 365 as the old Exchange servers were being decommissioned.

Clive:
Libre Office distorts the images into egg shapes - goodness knows why?  I'll give your suggestion a try Mitch.  At a last resort I'll have to send off for another copy of Office 2010.

pctech:

--- Quote from: Clive on August 16, 2020, 16:36 ---Libre Office distorts the images into egg shapes - goodness knows why?  I'll give your suggestion a try Mitch.  At a last resort I'll have to send off for another copy of Office 2010.

--- End quote ---

You'll be lucky!

Cheapest option is going to be 119 as a one off purchase, provided you only need Word, Excel and PowerPoint https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/microsoft-365/buy/compare-all-microsoft-365-products?tab=1&rtc=1

Clive:
You can get it on Amazon for around £15.  I think they are selling Office 2016 at the moment. 

pctech:
I haven't looked in a while, I got Office ProPlus 2019 for 11.99 I think it was through the Home User programme through work but alas MS put the kibosh on that last year, can only get a discount on the sub now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version