Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Latest Post  (Read 4646 times)

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
Latest Post
« on: December 09, 2020, 13:54 »
When I log onto the forum I see no unread posts and the date of the latest post is given as being "Re:Happy Birthday Windows" on 23 November 2020.  I'm confused.  Do I need to refresh a cache or something and if so, how do I do this?
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Latest Post
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 18:33 »
I suspect it's a cookie issue as the cookie is supposed to remember the last time you logged in, and display information accordingly.

I suggest you log out, clear the forum cookie from your browser, then log back in, ensuring that your browser is allowing the cookie to be saved.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
Re: Latest Post
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2020, 22:56 »
Thanks Simon.  The problem seems to have corrected itself but I'll try that approach if it should happen again.  :)
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum