Technical Help & Discussion > Windows PCs & Software: Help, News & Discussion

Problems with attachment

(1/5) > >>

Den:
HELP!

I can't open attachments within Microsoft Office Outlook.

They will open fine with Mail or Mailbird either pdf files or Word. In outlook they do not show up as pdf but as pd- .

Any thoughts as this is becoming a pain.  :facepalm:

Simon:
I don't know if this will help:

If you use Microsoft Outlook and you can’t open a file attachment, you may need to disable add-ins.

On Microsoft Outlook, click File > Options > Add-ins.

Click COM Add-ins under Manage and then click GO.

Uncheck all of the add-ins.Click OK once all add-ins have been disabled.

Close and re-open Microsoft Outlook and download the attached file again.

https://www.hellotech.com/blog/cant-open-file-attachments-here-are-possible-solutions-to-your-problem/amp

Den:
I spent 90mins on the phone and computer today with Microsoft Office 365. They were very helpful and changed a lot of settings within Outlook.

When we finished I thought all was well but I can't forward invoices from Quickbooks Desktop to email them and although most attachments now open some did not.

I am going to try Quickbooks support tomorrow and if that does not work I'm going to uninstall Kaspersky as I've read on the web that this can cause the problem sometimes.

I have also done a complete reinstall of Microsoft 365 Office.  ':|

Simon:
I was going to suggest creating a new profile in Outlook.  I wonder if you've downloaded something that has changed some settings in your computer?

Having said, Clive has been having trouble logging in to some websites, and after eliminating lots of other possible causes, he is also running Kaspersky and thinks that may be the culprit.

I recommended BitDefender to him, which you can try for free, but it will require the full removal of Kaspersky.

Clive:
I'm definitely dumping Kaspersky before my license runs out.  Too many of my bookmarks have stopped working. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version