Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Windows 10 update pulled after installations freeze — what to do now  (Read 5116 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Windows 10 has another update disaster on its hands, and has had to pull a recent security update after users reported it was freezing part-way through the installation process.

The issues stem from trying to install the February 9 security update (KB4601392). In response, Microsoft has had to release a fresh update (KB5001078) to fix the problem and let people actually update their machines.

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/windows-10-update-pulled-after-installations-freeze-what-to-do-now?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Hmm...  I've not had any problems with mine.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
I hold mine back for as long as possible under the premise that Microsoft updates can do more harm to my computer than a virus attack.   ::)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Since I've had my new PC and laptop, I've tended to let them come through when they want to, as previously, I found that delaying them allowed them to build up and they would eventually appear in an avalanche, which ground the computer to a halt.  There really is no escape from them. 
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
Yeah typically I've not had much of a problem since on Win 10 and even then not much before. Sometimes has messed up the graphics driver  :facepalm: .. but easily fixed  8-)
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum