Technical Help & Discussion > Mobile Phones & Other Handheld Devices

Tethering

(1/4) > >>

Clive:
You can see that I now have stratospheric knowledge of my new toy (not really) and I have a use for tethering my Kindle to the phone.  The phone says I can do it and gives me the password to join up but the hot spot doesn't appear on the Kindle WiFi list. 

Also, what is the USB-C to lightning cable for?  It doesn't seem to fit anything at all.   :dunno:

Simon:
Never done tethering.  The USB-C to lightning cable has lots of uses.  Er...  maybe for a USB-C charger?  :dunno:

Clive:
It may be that I have to turn WiFi off in order to force the phone to run off O2.  I'll try it on the iPad if I can extract it from Mrs Clive's grip.  .   

Unfortunately I have nothing to plug it into.  It won't fit the iPad charger, an Android or anything.  The USB-C is a little bigger than other USB connectors. 

daveeb:

--- Quote from: Clive on November 05, 2021, 17:00 ---You can see that I now have stratospheric knowledge of my new toy (not really) and I have a use for tethering my Kindle to the phone.  The phone says I can do it and gives me the password to join up but the hot spot doesn't appear on the Kindle WiFi list. 

Also, what is the USB-C to lightning cable for?  It doesn't seem to fit anything at all.   :dunno:

--- End quote ---

Yes the usb-c to lightning cable is to plug the usb end in to the usb-c charging plug they don't provide. If you haven't had a relatively new iphone recently you probably won't have one that takes the smaller connector  ':|   if you want to upload pics to a laptop you will also need a lightning to conventional USB cable.

I think you're right about turning off wifi, phones and other devices are awkward like that and will not look for a 4/5 g signal until there are no known wifi hotspots.

Clive:
What a swizz!   All that money and they can't even provide a freaking plug for the charger!  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version