Technical Help & Discussion > Mobile Phones & Other Handheld Devices

Mobile Dramas

(1/3) > >>

Simon:
My signal at home has got progressively worse and now I can barely make or receive calls on the mobile.  There's an option on my phone to use WiFi Calling, which basically means it uses your WiFi for calls and in theory you get better call quality.  The thing is you have to get O2 to activate it at their end and therein lies the problem.  I spent four hours last night trying to contact them.  They won't answer the phone and they won't answer the chat service so I left messages on Facebook and Twitter and they've not even responded to those, so I've given up and decided to switch to Sky Mobile, which is the same deal as I have with O2, for half the price. 

I set up the account last night, and ordered the SIM but then in the confirmation email, the address was wrong, so they've sent the SIM card to the wrong address.  Just spent 40 minutes on the phone trying to get the address right, and in the end, had to cancel the order and start again, doing it all over the phone.  And they STILL haven't got the address right, but it should get here.

Further to this, I've just discovered Sky Mobile uses the O2 network, so it's likely my signal won't be any better.   :bawl:  But, at least I'll only be paying half of what I'm paying now, and hopefully I'll be able to use WiFi Calling, so the signal shouldn't be an issue at home. 

Why is nothing ever easy these days?   >:(

Clive:
Very interesting as I am also with O2.  My bitch is that they advertise free roaming in Europe (just use your phone as normal) but I rarely got a signal in the relevant countries.  Also, when I arrived home my bill went up from £50 to £72 because of the "free" data I'd used.  On the other hand, Mrs Clive also has an Apple phone contract with Tesco Mobile (which relies on O2).  When we were away a few weeks ago it worked almost everywhere in Europe and there were no surcharges to our £19 monthly bill.  Both accounts are funding a phone purchase. 

Simon:
I will be paying £7 per month for the Sky package (unlimited calls & texts + 3Gb data), which is the same as I've been paying O2 £15 for.  So even if the signal is no better, at least I'm saving some money on it.

Clive:
How are you getting on with this Simon?

Simon:
No problems at all, and in fact, my phone is now enabled for WiFi Calling, meaning I have an excellent signal at home, as it goes through the WiFi.  This is what I was trying to get 02 to enable, without success.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version