Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Pipex Refer a Friend  (Read 7603 times)

Adept

Re:Pipex Refer a Friend
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2003, 15:38 »

I dont believe that Lady Adept had any say in it either  ::)

You are right there Sandra :o She gave up due to the poor quality of the entries :P ;D

I knew this would turn out to be a  :slug: :(

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2003, 22:44 »
Could this be divine justice?  ;D ;D ;D

Pipex offers cut-price broadband[/u]

Pipex has followed BT Openworld and slashed its prices, offering a broadband starter pack for just £14.95.

The fee ? exclusive of VAT ? for Pipex's 'Xtreme Solo2 Go' package covers the cost of an ADSL modem, two micro-filters and the activation of the phone line.

The offer, for a limited period, came as Pipex announced its "commitment to deliver the next million xDSL connections to the UK public".

"For the past 18 months PIPEX have been investing in the future of broadband, building new networks and breaking down price barriers to deliver ADSL at pioneering levels of value for money," said David Rickards, managing director of PIPEX.

BT Openworld is offering new customers one month's free connection if they sign up before September.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2003, 22:49 »
:youch:   :heehee:

Adept

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2003, 13:50 »
Huh! All they've done is reduce the price of the modem. They haven't changed the monthly fee at all >:(

And guess what? I haven't signed up with them yet - I'm still evaluating my options :P

Anyone using Eclipse Internet?

Adept

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2003, 13:55 »
I just found another article on Pipex's new offer on ADSLGuide.

Pipex apparently has over 60,000 users on its DSL products who are using more than 500,000 GigaBytes of traffic a month, around 277MB (MegaBytes) per user per day. People may recall that NTL when there was all the talk of their bandwidth limits was said to have a 100MB per day average for its users.

I bet Sandra and Simon use more than 277MB of bandwidth! :P 277GB is probably more like it ;D :heehee:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2003, 14:06 »
I am possibly classesd as a light user these days Adept,(compared to what I used to be like),once the intoxicating effects of ADSL wore off a little after about 12 months   :)

Adept

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2003, 14:41 »

the intoxicating effects of ADSL wore off a little after about 12 months   :)

Yeah, I believe you Sandra :P ;) :kid2:

Adept

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2003, 19:54 »
Having thunk about it a bit more ::) I've decided that having 4 Mods and Admins on the same ISP isn't a good idea.

So I've done my research like a good boy and I've gone and signed up with Nildram (sorry Bat69!)

Nildram have been in the top 2 of ADSLguide's fastest ISP list for months now. I know from past experience that their service is rock-solid and I sincerely hope it'll stay that way when I start using them  :wahh:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2003, 19:59 »
Good thinking Adept!  ;D

Offline bat69

• Loyal Member
    • http://members.lycos.co.uk/dbat69/
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2003, 23:34 »
Drrrraaaaattttttttttttt .... darn you Adept  :P

Well I do have a new house to get BB installed into, so I may follow suit if Pipex can't change my email / account over to the new phone line and keep other emails on the old phone line for my parents (yes they will be getting an account too ... hee hee so I could still get that free month  ;) :P ;D)
url=http://www.pc-pals.com/userpics/bat69bc.swf]Flash[/url]

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum