Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: MSN Messenger  (Read 10013 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re:MSN Messenger
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2002, 18:41 »
Hook, I'm a little confused, myself, as to what your problem exactly is.  Is your Messenger working, but you just need a toolbar icon?  If so, you could create a desktop shortcut icon, then drag it to your toolbar.

Sorry if I'm missing something here!    ;D ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2002, 18:47 »
Ok, took the step to undelete ie6 back to ie5.. reinstalled IE6 and...... you guessed it  :-[

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2002, 18:51 »
Simon, its on the top tool bar, I have an Icon on the tool tray.

Back_Forward_stop_Refresh_Home_Favourites_History_Mail_Print,.... but no Msg, just dont like being beaten thats all.. I know its no great shake.. but grrrrrrrrr.

Adept

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2002, 19:20 »
DOHHHH! Now I understand what you want Hook  ;D ;D

All you have to do is Right click the toolbar, click customise and you should be able to find the Messenger icon in the list on the left hand side.Just drag it to the right hand list.

If it's not on the left list, it'll already be on the list on the right. Just drag it somewhere in the list where it will be visible. like before Search.

Sorry it's taken so long. I'm a bit fick lately :-[

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2002, 19:35 »
Adept

I now it sounds simple 8)but there is no Icon in there anywhere  ??? honest Gov lol.

Adept

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2002, 19:46 »
The only other thing I can think of Hook, is to click the Reset button in the Customise Toolbar dialog box.

Be aware before doing it though, that any customisation you've made to your toolbars will be lost  :(

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2002, 19:50 »
I was just wondering if there is something in the set up files when installing Messenger, to opt for the toolbar icon, or not??

Maybe a re-install of Messenger might do the trick?  Or maybe there is something in the Tools > Options area of Messenger that turns it on and off?  Can't find it on mine though!   :-[ :-";"xx
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2002, 19:52 »
Adept,
That didnt work neither, the icon just isn't there, its probably something so simple.
But I bet its a corrupt file somewhere in IE6 or MSG V5.

Adept

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2002, 20:11 »
Sounds like it Hook  :(

I checked the Microsoft Knowledgebase and there is nothing about the toolbar there.

Sorry, can't think of anything else  :-[

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2002, 20:18 »
Ty for trying Adept.

I have now uninstalled MSG v5 and reinstalled from msn.

I have uninstalled IE6 and reinstalled Ie 6 from disk, oh well never mind just a simple think that has got me stumped  ???

Adept

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2002, 20:31 »
NP Hook  :D

If it's any consolation, I didn't like V5 and I've gone back to Windows Messenger ::)

Offline greenking

• Loyal Member
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2002, 00:22 »
I told you not to install it. Perhaps you need to drink a little less strongbow and start and worshipping GREENKING  :P ;D :D ;) >:D ::) O0

Where did you get the images from though ?  ???
My goal in life is to become half as good a person as my dog already thinks I am

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2002, 07:48 »
The plot thickens!!
woke up this morning with a fresh mind :o.
Looked in the control panel and device manager and there was a ? against the secondry IDE controller (duel fifo) and below a cross against the Liteon dvd rom ltd163d.

Now is this a coincidence or another problem  ;D ???

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2002, 13:07 »
Ok Update at Lunch time  ;D.

Took the side of the case off pc.. looked - looked - looked.. nope nothing amiss but I did clean the cpu fan up as it was covered in dust  >:(.
Oh well might as well reeboot and guess what all back and working again!!!!!! slightly confused but hey ho ;D at least its working..... still no MSG icon tho..

PS GreenKing..<<< real drink not a girlie drink hey, know what I mean

Hookstar  O0

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2002, 18:59 »
Ok second update  8)

I have now got back to MSG 4.6,Still no icon, but the plot thickens, I have now found out that when I save a site to the links bar it freezes the page and then I have to Ctr del and reset the page.
I think I am getting somewhere now but how do I repair IE6, I have deleted it once back to IE5 then back with a new version of IE6.
I have gone to start/prog/acces/sys tools/sys info and repaired from there.

Anybody any ideas.. from a slightly confused  ???

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum