Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: lcd versus crt  (Read 2342 times)

Offline alphafalcon

lcd versus crt
« on: August 18, 2003, 04:20 »
hi there folks...im planning to upgrade my monitor..im currently using a 14 inch old crt; im divided into 19 inch flat crt and a 15 inch lcd....which is better? which of the following produces very sharp graphics? im more into the internet and occasional gaming.

Offline Robotochan

• Established Member
    • http://www.dollshouse91.fsnet.co.uk
Re:lcd versus crt
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2003, 09:22 »
LCDs have a small delay producing pictures, the one in one of the topic is 20ms. I'm not sure how badly this would effect your game playing as you already have a reaction time of +200ms and lag :). CRTs can have very sharp images, you have to beware the cheaper ones which make dark line round objects to make them look sharper  :)
b]Oxymoron: [/b]
2 words that when put together contradict one another

Example:
Microsoft Works

Adept

Re:lcd versus crt
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2003, 13:34 »
The first thing I can say is that compared to an old 14" CRT :o anything you buy will be vastly superior.

Personally, I would get a 19" CRT over a 15" TFT any day. You will find that the CRT will support a greater range of resolutions and as Robo says above, will have a far better response time for gaming.

The downside of a 19" CRT is size - it will be much, much larger than the 15" LCD.

The LCD will generally be sharper (at it's default resolution) than the CRT. Some people [me ;)] find an LCD too sharp and prefer old-fashioned CRTs.

The best way to decide between the two is to go to your local computer shop and get them to show you both screens side-by-side. Only that way will you be able to decide which is best for you.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum