Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Web Browser THE BEST ?  (Read 87964 times)

Adept

Re:Web Browser THE BEST ?
« Reply #210 on: March 14, 2004, 10:37 »
I would love to use FireFox, but my favourite plugin Multizilla doesn't work with it unfortunately :(

I think FireFox just picks up on the default email client from the Windows settings.

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
« Reply #211 on: March 14, 2004, 11:37 »
Simon,

If you were to use Firefox, would'nt you use Thunderbird as your email program. They are both stand alone programs, and as such can be used together.

http://texturizer.net/thunderbird/

Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #212 on: March 14, 2004, 11:46 »
I looked at at Thunderbird before, and it didn't have all the features of Mozilla Mail from what I recall.  I know, you're all thinking I'm finding excuses, but I really am happy with Mozilla, and I have yet to find something to make it worthwhile changing to Firefox.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #213 on: March 14, 2004, 13:55 »

I looked at at Thunderbird before, and it didn't have all the features of Mozilla Mail from what I recall.  I know, you're all thinking I'm finding excuses, but I really am happy with Mozilla, and I have yet to find something to make it worthwhile changing to Firefox.  

Whose the dinosaur now?.  ;D ;D ;D ;)
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #214 on: March 14, 2004, 14:17 »
Yes, but the difference is, Lona, Mozilla is good - IE isn't!   :P ;D ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Delgado

• Established Member
« Reply #215 on: March 14, 2004, 16:56 »

Dont be bullied into changing. Your happy with what youve got-dont change! Ive always stuck to my own ideas in life and found it pays. Sometimes your not popular, but who cares? Its fun to be a difficult b-----d

:slug:
if you cant do something nice-do nothing!

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
« Reply #216 on: March 14, 2004, 17:17 »
Sometimes your not popular
luckly that's never happened to me, as I only debate religion/politics, and make a point of avoiding contentious issues that would upset Sun readers  ::)  ;)

Anyway if my fellow Chuckle Brother Simon is sticking with the Moz Browser and Moz Mail, that's good enough for me.
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #217 on: March 14, 2004, 21:09 »
Don't forget that Firefox and Thunderbird, are really just prototypes, which will eventually become Mozilla anyway.   ;)

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #218 on: March 16, 2004, 03:14 »

Don't forget that Firefox and Thunderbird, are really just prototypes, which will eventually become Mozilla anyway.   ;)

ah, but you don't have that nasty big red lizard watching you with firefox.  ;)

Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Delgado

• Established Member
« Reply #219 on: March 18, 2004, 07:52 »

I know Ive been saying Firefox is good, and better than Mozilla, but after reading all posts here I decided to try it again and give it more time. I must admit Im beginning to like it, and am using the E-Mail facility which I quite like (love the notification notices at the bottom). I may well be a convert-time will tell

:banana: :banana:
if you cant do something nice-do nothing!

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #220 on: March 18, 2004, 18:34 »
Mozilla Mail does take a bit of getting used to, especially if you have multiple e-mail addresses, as there isn't a central Inbox, unlike most other mail clients.  You have a separate Inbox for each mail account.  As mail arrives, it's delivered to the relevent Inbox, and, as Delgado said, you get a nice notification pop up in the corner of your screen.

Adept

« Reply #221 on: March 22, 2004, 19:49 »
For the brave ...

Mozilla 1.7 Beta is out!

This release has great new features and fixes including an option to prevent sites using JavaScript to block the browser's context menu, improved OS theme support on Linux, more powerful and easier to use cookie controls, better Palm sync capabilities, support for SMTP "MSN Authentication" in Mail, big gains in application and layout performance, and major improvements to CSS support. Get Mozilla 1.7 Beta while it's hot!

Offline Ian

« Reply #222 on: April 05, 2004, 17:17 »
Hi Guys,

Been reading this thread with some amusement. I tried Firefox (when it was Firebird) a few months ago and just found it so slow to load webpages that I just went back to using Crazy Browser. That way I get the speed of IE with the multi-tabbedness we all know and love.

I still use it on the PC I use exclusively for secure sites, online banking etc.

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #223 on: April 06, 2004, 23:31 »
Hi Ian and :welcome:.

I've never heard of Crazy Browser before. I have just installed Firefox and finding it much faster than IE6. I wonder what Simon thinks as he is a devoted Mozilla fan. ???

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #224 on: April 07, 2004, 00:03 »
I wonder what Simon thinks as he is a devoted Mozilla fan. ???

About Crazy Browser?  It's just an add on to IE, really.  If you use Crazy Browser, you may get some additional functionality, but it's still IE underneath.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum