Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Mozilla Tips and Tricks  (Read 31797 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re:Mozilla Tips and Tricks
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2003, 12:53 »
OK, here's something that could be really useful.  This is the blurb for a new Moz plug in:
The ieview plugin is a simple Mozilla and Mozilla Firebird extension (for Microsoft Windows systems), which allows the current page or a selected link to be opened in Internet Explorer. I use Mozilla 99.99% of the time, but there are those moments -- particularly when testing new pages, or when viewing that rare IE-only page that's actually interesting -- when I need to see what things look like in IE.

Scratching the itch, this plugin adds menu items to the page context menu, and the link context menu. Right-clicking a link now includes an "Open link target in IE" menu item. Right-clicking elsewhere in the main body of the page (not within an image, text box, etc.) gives "View this page in IE."

In both cases, we try and track down the IE executable on your system, and launch with the appropriate URL. Brain-dead simple, but I'm using it daily.
[/size]

http://ieview.mozdev.org/
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Adept

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2003, 15:42 »
:thanks: Simon :)

I'm sure that will be genuinely useful.

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2003, 13:57 »
Nice one simon, got it now  ;)
Out of all the things I've lost .......I miss my mind the most!!

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2003, 14:15 »
Ok, yes I downloaded it yesterday, yes it's handy, and yes I should have said good find, but I didn't........sorrrrrie Simon  ::)
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2003, 14:43 »
Of course, one would hope to use it to the bare minimum!   ;)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2003, 14:45 »
of course, I'm not really sure when I'd need to open IE  ;)  ;D

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2003, 17:45 »
It's a shame not more of our members are so enlightened, Michelle.   ;) ;D

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2003, 23:01 »
It's the old horses to water thingy...or in this case mules  :o

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2003, 07:54 »
Yeah I can't understand these people that don't want  to change things  ;)

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2003, 15:35 »
Just thought I'd post about a "bug" for a change with Mozilla. Well since I became the proud owner of a Broadband connection  ;D I thought I would watch some movie trailers using Windows Media Player 9.

Well I could get the sound OK, but not the video trailers. I downloaded everything I could think of, Sandra sent me Codec files the lot [She's a Grand Lass]

Thought I'd cracked it yesterday, tried it today bugger me it wasn't working. But I finally sussed it, I think it is because Mozilla is my default web browser.

See if I access Media player via a Desktop short cut, I get the sound but not the video. But if I access it via http://windowsmedia.com/mediaguide/gbhome even using the Mozilla browser it works fine. If I click on the first film traileron the webpage, it opens Media Player and away it goes.

Now I don't know if anybody else has experianced the same problem as me, or if it's just been a prob regards my set up? Either way, that's how I solved it. I just thought it could save somebody else loads of frustration.

>:(

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2003, 16:16 »
Can you post a link to something you were having trouble with Tony, and I'll see if it's the same on mine.

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2003, 20:25 »
Just the movie trailers via MS Media Player, like I say bring up MP via Desktop icon hit movie trailer link ...no video....do it via MS Media page hit link..it loads MP and works OK.

Try it on your setup Simon

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2003, 23:17 »
Works OK on mine, mate.  Perhaps you need to adjust something in Set Program Access and Defaults... have you got that on W2K?

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2003, 09:24 »

Works OK on mine, mate.  Perhaps you need to adjust something in Set Program Access and Defaults... have you got that on W2K?

Yes, the use default Media Player is ticked, but if I tick the use MS Media player box, if you open it again, it has reverted.

What have you got ticked Simon ? funny how its fine for you. Mind  you now I know to access it via the windows media page, I'm fine with that. Now if I try to view movie trailers via the Blockbuster page, it's say I ain't got a Media Player!!!!!! When I tried the "RealOne" player, trying movie trailers, a box come up saying my security settings were blocking activeX...I never ;D I coulo set security to Zilch and it made no different.....grommets to it, it's no matter.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2003, 09:47 »
This is how my screen looks.  Interesting that IE and OE are still listed as defaults, even though Mozilla and Moz Mail are definitely set as default browser and mail client.  I'd not noticed that before.   :-\

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum