Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: The Big One  (Read 786 times)

Offline WhiteDevil

The Big One
« on: October 25, 2003, 21:14 »
(I think this best belongs in hardware)

Ok, time has come for me to upgrade my sound system. My PC speakers are giving up the go, and the right one is as dead as a dodo.

My problem is i want to connect my PC, TV/Video Combi, Stereo and DVD player together to all play through the same set of 5.1 speakers..

I know i will need a new sound card, and the Creative Sound Blaster 5.1 Digital sounds perfect, my only problem is how they are connected. What outputs + inputs do i need on what?

I chatted to my Uncle today and he says that putting everything into the amp, then having a line out to my speakers is one way of doing it. Couldnt i also use the Sound Card somehow?

Thanks for any help -

Adam
dam Boyle
Owner, Director
www.Severn-Computers.com

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re:The Big One
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2003, 21:32 »
Depends how many inputs and outputs you have on the soundcard, WD.  Do you already have a 5.1 HiFi amp?  If so, the easiest way would be to connect the PC soundcard to the HiFi amp via the digital output on the soundcard.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2003, 00:54 »
I have the Creative Sound Blaster 5.1 Live installed W.D.
I have the sound connected to my stereo pc speakers and subwoofer on the normal speaker out (stereo).
I have the coax digital out connected to my 5.1 home cinema amp.
It has a seperate speker control panel that I have a shortcut on my desktop to which allows me to select analogue or digital out instantly so if I want the pc sound on the home cinema I select digital output but usualy  I find the analogue out to my stereo  with sub woofer speakers sufficient for most stuff on my pc.
I dont think it has 5.1 input apart from the internal connector to the card from a dvd rom.
It has stereo line in and mic in .
Hope that this is of some help to you W.D.  :)

Offline WhiteDevil

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2003, 12:45 »
The HiFi system comes with 5.1 support and all required hardware (Subwoofer,amp, 4 speakers)..

I need to upgrade the soundcard anyway because its starting to fade, this will probably be my next upgrade.. Only thing is the stereo comes with so much kit its £240 from Panther Online, so i might have to try and get my parents to pay the final £40 if i cant get it before Christmas..
dam Boyle
Owner, Director
www.Severn-Computers.com

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum