Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: video CD  (Read 6471 times)

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re:video CD
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2002, 00:57 »
It annoys me at times especially when you install something and it decides to associate loads of file extensions with it and you havent been watching closely enough and let it do it.Then have to sort stuff out again next time you want something doing with what you used before  >:(

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2002, 09:16 »
The easiest way round that, Sandra, in case you hadn't thought of it, is to re-install the original program on top of itself - then it should reassociate the files.

Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2002, 09:21 »
do you have POWERDVD or WINDVD lona. they are generally much better than media player. i'd be inclined to associate video files with them instead.  you could even copy the files from the mpegav folder onto your hard drive and remove the need to use the cd at all.

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2002, 13:01 »
Of course you can do that Simon but it would be better if I noticed as it was installing which files its associating with it.Unfortunately I tend to let it get on with it and then regret it later as I have to then find out which it has claimed and deal with them later.Usually its better to go into the options and find which its taken over and sort them out there as if you reinstall the first one you then end up in a loop as it takes over the files the second one wants again  :(
The best way I suppose is to sort it out as its installing to save messing about later.
How big a hard drive have you got Dave  :o
You dont need many VCDs to soon mount up to a fairly large number of gigabytes  :-*

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2002, 16:50 »
60 GB hard drive.  got the contents of 38 video cd's on it and its half full. ok its currently knackered and needs replacing but you can squeeze a lot on when things are working ok..

;)

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2002, 18:55 »
Thats ok for you big boys Dave  :o
Up until a few days ago I had a 3.1 gig drive and a 4.2 gig one and if I got a movie on I had to delete it before I could fit another on  :(
Its even worse now as my 3.1 drive was laid to rest yesterday  :'(
It started feeling ill on Monday evening and appeared to have recovered after a good dose of wiping it and formatting it but to no avail,I only prolonged its pain and my suffering by a few days more  ::)
It is now residng in the chapel of rest(dustbin) before being buried sometime next week  :'(

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2002, 19:14 »
I know how it feels, Sandra!  
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2002, 19:28 »
maybe we need some counselling. i'm going through my second "loss" of the year.
 :(

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2002, 22:02 »
I do have a dvd player software. I will try and open it in there dave? ;)
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2002, 22:27 »
Try it in any media players that you have Lona but dont click to associate all those files with that program until you find the one you like the best  :)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum