Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Advanced graphic settings  (Read 659 times)

Offline greenking

• Loyal Member
Advanced graphic settings
« on: November 16, 2003, 15:37 »
I've just installed DivX 2 player for watching videos and found that the pictures dont run smoothly  :(
Sandra found a site for me which was very useful and i've now optimised my cache settings which have helped enormously but its still not as smooth as i'd like.
i've been tring to reduce my video hardware acceleration inthe advanced graphic settings but i'm not sure which of the four settings works best for me yet as its a case of trial and error it seems.

Will deleting old programs that use my graphics card increase the amount of Ram thats available to use or are they not used if the program is not running.

Is there anything else i can do that will help  ???
I already have 192mb of ram which is the max i can have apparently.
And i dont want to spend on a newer graphics card.
My goal in life is to become half as good a person as my dog already thinks I am

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re:Advanced graphic settings
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2003, 17:38 »
You could try and see if theres a firmware update for your DVD/CD drive GK.
Failing that, if you have enough room on your hard drive, copy the movie to your hard drive and play it from there, then delete it after you have watched it  :-*

Offline greenking

• Loyal Member
Re:Advanced graphic settings
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2003, 20:30 »
The second setting in the hardware acceleration slider seems to work well for me but I just need to reset it before surfing as the pages go really slow with my mouse now. But thats no problem  :)

:thanks: for your help Sandra  :-*
My goal in life is to become half as good a person as my dog already thinks I am

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum